“Affordable and Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
N Myrtle Beach
“Affordable and Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were on our way home to Michigan after spending the winter in SC. All we wanted was a clean, safe place to stay that would allow us to bring our dog. We found that Red Roof perfectly fit the bill. It was less than HALF the price of one of the adjacent pet friendly places. Of course you should be aware that the accomodations are spartan, i.e., no in-room coffee pot, hairdryer, microwave or refrigerator.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paula W
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your recent visit to the Charleston area. While all of our rooms don't offer the extra amenities we now have a premium king that offers the hairdryer, Ironing board, Irons, coffee maker and a boxed breakfast, so the next time you are in the area try out one of these new rooms. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn and hope to see you soon on a return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
seacoast N.H.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Room floor was dirty. I asked for and got a room with refrigerator/freezer which didn't work and leaked water all across the floor and our things. Food ruined inside. Stayed in 4 red roof inns this trip because of driving with our dog and this was the very grittiest

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. I can assure you that this issue will be addressed immediately. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope that you will allow us to make this right and visit us again for future lodging needs.

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Cincinnati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is located very close to the freeway which is a good thing and a bad thing. Easy to find, but a little noisy with the traffic. One person working the front desk, very nice but very slow check-in process as hotel was full. The person in front of me was coming back to the front desk because the room they were assigned was not serviced. Luckily he didn't give them my room! I got the keys, and headed up to the room. Very surprised by the laminate hardwood floors. It was a very modern looking room. The bathroom was a tight squeeze and within five minutes unusable. My husband went down to get a plunger but was told by the front desk guy he was alone and couldn't shut down the office to get it until people stopped coming to check in. We waited nearly 45 minutes until my husband went back down to see if was less busy. We got the plunger and serviced it ourselves. Unfortunately the toilet was a slow running toilet, and even when unclogged, it still had issues with flushing. The bathroom itself was a little unclean, as there were hairs on the floor and on the bathroom shower walls, but there were no other rooms to move to, so we stayed there and dealt with it. At checkout we let them know of the issues, and they noted it but once again gave no discount or apology. Not going to recommend this one to others unless they do a better job of cleaning it and staffing it properly.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. When we expect to be busy I try to have extra coverage or I work late myself. I do understand your frustration. I have addressed the issues with your room with my staff. I ask that if you are ever back in the area to give us another try to redeem ourselves. We do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Roanoke, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I wish I could give this property a better rating because the room I was in was beautifully remodelled. Very chic, clean and comfy. The problem I had was a "clicking" noise that reoccurred every 15 minutes or so. It was so disruptive that it kept me from getting to sleep. I searched the entire room several time for the source of the noise, but never could figure it out. The next morning when I was checking out, I mentioned this to the desk clerk. She informed me that it was the room's heating unit making the noise when it came on. Apparently this is a common problem at this hotel because she knew right off the bat what it was. No matter how nice the room is, if you can't fall asleep, the room is of little value to you.

Room Tip: Ask the desk clerk for a room with a quite heating unit. She did say some of the units were noisier...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience. I apologize for the heater making the noise in the room. I have addressed this with my staff and it has been corrected. I hope if you are ever back in our area you will give us another chance to better serve you...
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a very positive experience at Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City. The room was up-dated, clean and comfortable - and for at reasonable price. I had actually check-out and did some exploring in the area and then checked back in to stay for another night!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while in Charleston. I'm glad you had some time to see some of the local sites. I hope if you are ever back in our area you will stop and stay with us again.
Zebulon, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We got the king size room, clean very friendly staff, lots help getting us direction around town. Restaurants very close by. Kmart and gas close too. The room smelled good and clean. We came to charleston to pick up a new Puppy. We had a great time if we ever come back To charleston I would say here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack I
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for telling us about your stay. I hope you enjoy your new puppy and when you return please bring him with you. We always welcome our pet friends.
Waynesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Remodeled Red Roof Inns have become my choice for quick overnight stays. The only problems with this one was the outside noise -- when they remodeled, they should have spent a little extra to put in some sound insulation. If you are in a room that is facing the highway, you will hear large trucks all night, and if your room opens directly onto the parking lot, you will hear car noise as people and cars come and go.
But since comfortable beds and a clean room are my top priority, this met the need.

Room Tip: This seems to be a noisy location. For the most quiet, choose a room facing away from the highway a...
1 Thank homeschoolmtnmom
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for telling us about your stay. I do apologize for the noise from the highway. We are looking into making some adjustments to the entry way in order to sound proof more. I understand your concern. I hope if you are back in our area again you will choose to stay again.