“Nice stay...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Venice, Florida
“Nice stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stay at this Red Roof Inn every year when we come to Charleson, WV. The price is reasonable compared to other hotels in Charleston and all the amenities are included in the room rate.

The hotel staff is very nice and the location is convenient to everything we want to do during our annual visit to WV.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Of my nine day trip- this motel was the worse value for my dollar. I will say the room was clean, nothing crawled, there was no mildew in the shower, the sheets and towels smelled good. But the mattress! It looked as though a 500lb person had been sleeping in it for a year. I was told they were in the process of replacing the old mattresses which is fine, but I don't expect to pay $80 to sleep in someone else's "nest". If I can't have the room with the new mattress- at least have the decency to cut me a deal on the room rate. And no breakfast- nada. The last Red Roof Inn I stayed at gave us vouchers for breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. The Knights INN in Eau Claire- A Knights INN! At least had cereal, toast and danish- for $39/night. The area seemed sketchy and I worried about my bike all night- but it was fine. But I will never stay here again and I cannot recommend it. I can do much better for $80 and so can you.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MotorcycleTraveler42

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Hickory, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was traveling from Hickory, NC to Cleveland, Ohio. I got a late start so decided to stop and spend the night in Charleston. I have always had good experiences with Red Roof Inns, and this one had good reviews. Well the reviews were right. The staff was very friendly. The gentleman and lady were very nice and had a great sense of humor. The room was clean and spacious.
I definitely would recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Camp Hill
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

The staff here needs more training. This is a rather large property but the staff person did not know where my room was. Even with her map she got it wrong. Luckily I found it without too much effort. The room was quite attractive and appeared to be recently remodeled. Then evening came. I was in the middle of a party that woke me at mid-night. Finally at 1 AM when it did not subside I called the front desk. At 1:30 I called the front desk again. Finally at 1:40 I heard the desk person ask them to be quiet. Amazingly they were up at 8 in the morning chatting up a storm again outside my room. The hotel did take a small amount off my bill but quicker action would have been appreciated.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I've stayed at this Red Roof before-this time I stayed for 5days. Its quiet, clean, safe and can easily access the Interstate(s). The location is kinda of odd. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable. Will stay here again if in the area

Room Tip: If your staying several nights get a business room-much more room to spread out and not really much...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Sault, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

There are no luxuries here, but the room was clean, I could park right outside the room, and it was clean... Nice even. I wanted a clean place that was easy to get to from the interstate, and this fit the bill, for a good price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Clearly an older property that was re-done about 5-10 years ago. The rooms are OK, the bathrooms re-done etc. Ours was a non-smoking room but has that smell about it that once upon a time it was a smoking room... The bathroom had been cleaned, but was not really 'clean' there was dirt in the corners as if a worker had used the room last and cleaned their boots off in there!
When we arrived the AC had been left on full blast, despite it being March - and consequently the place was freezing... Fortunately the rooms have nice silent wall mounted radiant heaters, not just a "heat setting" on the window unit. One the place warmed up it was nice and quiet (we were on the side away from the highway).
And yes, Red Roof still has that annoying $1.50 charge for "insurance" on your room safe - its just sooo annoying - I'd rather they just charge $1.50 more for the room!
Oh - and NO breakfast, just a few pots of coffee I didn't bother trying.
There's a nice new Comfort Inn on the North side of Charlotte up I79 where we'll probably stay next time.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from I-77
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family