Charleston Marriott Town Center
$127
Residence Inn
$100
$57
All reviewsthe concierge loungeacross the streetcivic centerparking garagelobby barbreakfast buffetfront desk staffvery nice hotelnice staycomfortable bedsenjoyed my staystayed one nightstaff was friendlymallconferencewhitewaterbellman
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to met work in this hotel. Pleasant, helpful and go out of their way to help you. The rooms were clean. They were very nicely decorated. Looks like recently too. The bathroom was cramped though. They could have taken a foot from the room and expanded the bathroom. if you are over 6 feet tall you will have problems in the bathroom in room 617. the ceilings in the room are normal, but in the bathroom they are less than 7 feet. I am 5'9 and I kept hitting the ceiling while brushing my hair. Very clean though! Only towel bar is in the shower which I found odd. Room 617 was right by some kind of HVAC system and it sounded like a jet plane was landing all night long. I didn't notice it as my A/C was on and my TV, but once I turned off everything to go to sleep it was almost impossible for me with the noise. The bed is firm with lots of nice pillows. This room has a connector door. The lobby was nice and they had cookies and refreshments. They also have a "pantry" for guest. There was two conferences going on the night I stayed so we didn't explore more areas. This is a self-parking hotel but the very nice man at the front desk came and got our luggage and once I pulled up my vehicle he put everything in the car. The mall is right across the street with lots of restaurants and you are 3 blocks from the riverfront. Probably the best place to stay in Charleston. If you are tall though, you might want to see if they have a bigger bathroom in the hotel.

Room Tip: get a floor about 10 and you should be fine. ask about bathroom ceiling heights if you are a taller person. Take advantage of the friendly staff! They were the best thing about the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank for comments they are much appreciated. Your feedback can only help us get better. It is always important that our staff is outstanding and that the hotel is well maintained and clean and your comments varified that we met your expectations in those catagories. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Predictable Marriott but nonetheless a very pleasant stay. Very convienent since the town center mall is right across the street. Very convenient to the interstate. Restaurant seems to have a good menu (probably should have gone there but didn't).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and it was our pleasure serving you. Please join us again.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I went for a weekend getaway because the reviews for this hotel were quite good. I left some merchanise behind. Stupid mistake and totally my fault, but I knew exactly where I left it and didnt figure it would be a big deal to get these items mailed. I tried multiple times, for over a week..to no avail. Might have just been $20 worth of stuff to someone else, but to me it was irreplaceable. This was well over $100 per night for a king room. I just thought I deserved more understanding.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BeachLoverinKY
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I truly apologize that you did not receive your lost items back. I will try and locate your room number and check in lost and found. If you would provide me with the room number I can expedite much faster. Again we are responsible for getting back to you and we will. Again thank you for letting us know and this will be corrected.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Recently stayed at the Marriott while in town for a funeral. The hotel is centrally located and a shopping mall is directly across the street. The rooms and facilities were clean and the people were very nice. The restaurant has good menu but the service can be a little slow. The bar is a bit pricey but what do you expect when patronizing a hotel bar. But the atmosphere of the bar was great! Bartender did a great job.

My only dislike was the lack of a Starbucks. They served Starbucks brand but it wasn't the same. There is a Starbucks in the mall though.

This hotel does charge you to park your personal vehicle.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Your comments in regards to food service and the Star Bucks product will be addressed. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Heading home from trip and needed to stop for an overnight. Don't like going into a large city just for the night but nothing before the city or after to stay at. Weekend night and asked for a AAA rate. Since a Marriott member if you ask they will waive parking fee. Got a great rate and hotel was clean staff was great. Mall right across street with a Chilis and Outback. Breakfast was very good also. Weekends are slow so they will help with rate.

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the great staff. These comments will be passed on to the entire staff as they work hard to make every stay brilliant. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest and we look forward to a return visit. Thank you again.