“Great people and place”

Charleston Marriott Town Center
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our trip started by arriving at the airport and calling for the hotel shuttle to pick us up. The shuttle I think arrives on a 30 minute interval and he was there within 10 minutes. The driver was VERY GOOD! He got out of his van and ran around to meet us to get our bags and load them into the van. Once in the van he began to tell us about the hotel and the amenities of the hotel. As we were driving he gave us a brief history of Charleston and as we were driving downtown directed us to points of interest including restaurants and bars and malls. He really was helpful. Normally the shuttle driver doesn't say anything or tries to make small talk. This gentlemen thoroughly enjoyed providing information about the area and the hotel.

Checking is was easy and friendly. They had some punch and cookies available as we were waiting in line.

The room was clean and large. The desks and side tables to the bed had adequate access to electrical plug ins for my computer and charging my phone. The bathrooms were clean and of adequate size. The iron and ironing board were in good condition. The climate control was not loud and kept the room comfortable.

All in all I was very pleased with my two nights at this facility. A great value!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feed back in regards to your current stay. Marriott takes pride in providing excellent service and based on your comments we were able to meet most of your expectations. I will pass on your comments to the staff who truly will appreciate all your kind words. We look forward to serving you again as our guest at the Charleston Marriott Town Center.

There are newer reviews for Charleston Marriott Town Center

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is well located and convenient to the major access roads. It is clean and up to date. The price is a bit high. It is a typical high rise hotel with comfortable beds. The bar is nothing fancy the food is good. It's always annoying to pay this much for a room and have the wifi charge notice show up when you try to log on. It's a minor thing but the lobby music will drive you crazy if you spend anytime there. But, as I said, it's a fine place to stay, I wouldn't rate it as a great value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feed back. We are glad you enjoyed your stay but we are here to create a stay that makes you say wow. We did not accomplish that this time but we will try even harder on your next visit. I will look into the lobby music selection as this is a place where you should be able to relax and enjoy not be bothered by the music. Although we do provide free internet in in certain areas of the hotel I do understand your disappointment with the internet room charge. Thank you again for your positive feed back and we look forward to your next stay in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband gave me a weekend "off" for my birthday. I had a king suite, with a desk and comfortable lounging chair. I found the bed to be a bit on the firm side for me, but I had a great night sleep regardless. They give you more pillows then you will know what to do with. They each seemed to have their own thickness and firmness. None were paper thin, and all were comfortable. The bathroom was kind of small, but since it was just me, I was fine with it. My only issue with the room itself is that there was no hairdryer.
I enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant. The buffet was good. It had everything from cold cereal to scrambled eggs. I enjoyed to strawberries and watermelon. Both were very good and sweet. I had the scrambled eggs and ham off the menu which was ok. They put the ham in the eggs which caused them to be a bit watery. But it came with hash browns and a biscuit, which were great. I did order room service. I had the roasted chicken with vegetables and spinach dip. Both were very good. I loved not having to go anywhere for dinner.
I enjoyed the location. I was able to walk to the mall and the the short drive to Corridor G shopping. Service was wonderful through my entire stay. Overall it was a great weekend of shopping and me time.
My only issue I had was that they charge $12 a night for parking. That was a bit much.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feed back on your current stay. Your kind comments about the hotel, especially the wonderful service comment, will be shared with the entire staff. Our focus is always on service and when that gets acknowledged it is a very positive and motivating to everyone. I am truly sorry that you did not have a hair dryer as every room has one that is located in the closet hanging up in a cloth bag. It is our responsibility to inform you of this location and if we did and it was not there my apologies. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am accustomed to staying in budget hotels. I expect clean comfortable rooms and not much else for under $100 per night. While I would not expect perks like free breakfast, free Internet, and free parking for that price, almost without exception it is included. This hotel is clean and comfortable, but extremely over priced. It's not any nicer then your average budget hotel and you may find yourself paying over $100 ( the price of a nights stay at a budget spot) for amenities that lower priced counter part offer at no charge. The location is great so I guess that's what your paying for, but I still say poor value.

• Stayed: April 2013
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. It is always great to hear that the hotel was clean and comfortable during your stay as that is a top priorty for our hotel. I am sorry that you feel the hotel is over priced as our goal is to provide top quality service which has a great value to all guests. You are correct that the amenities such as parking, breakfast, and internet are not usually included in the room price as it is with select service hotels, but as a full service hotel we provide a restaurant, room service and a lounge area as a convienience for all our guests. Although the full service Marriott brand does not provide some of these amenities in the room price we do have the Fairfield Inn, TownPlace Suites, Residence Inn and some Courtyards that do include some or all of the amenities in the room price. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you give us another try in the near future or try one of our other brands that may meet all your needs even better.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

In the heart of Charleston close to all shopping and great restaurants. State Capitsl and museums on comvenient trolley route. The Towne Center Mall right across the street. Conference space very comfortable. All the ammenities you need. Excellent food fare in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
steve L, Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Charleston Marriott Town Center. The entire team understands that we are in the business to serve the guest and it is always a very encouraging when someone takes the time to give positive feedback. Thank you so much and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

spent time here ofter when I was traveling for business. This property is a typical Marriott, clean ,good service , and people to address your needs quickly and efficiently. The value is good and it ranks up there for the Charleston WV area.
Excellent sleeping value ( which is what I need most of the time...)

Room Tip: If you ask up front , they will accommodate you the best they can. Very Hospitable people in that ho...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is our pleasure to service you and the kind words are most appreciated by the entire staff. The housekeeping staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and are ranked in the top 10% of Marriott hotels and resorts for room completely clean. Service is our top priority and we rank in the top 25% in that catagory. Your positive feedback will be passed on to the entire staff as a reminder to what is important to our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Parking is a little confusing but hotel is located in a great location. The rooms have been renovated and seem updated. Service was accomodating and warm. If you typically travel and stay in Marriott hotel's then you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your views on the renovation, as well as, the new Brick Salt Bar and Kitchen. I certainly understand and agree that the new Marriott concept of a great room may not be as family friendly as it could be so we have made some adjustments. The attached Gauley rooom which was the old restaurant is available for everyone to utilize for any of the eating timeframes(breakfast,lunch,dinner). It has been remodeled with new TVs and is very family friendly with no exposure to any bar areas. Comments from individuals like yourself have allowed us to make these changes to meet your needs and we truly appreciate your feedback which helps us to improve our product to meet the needs of everyone. Thank you again and we look forward to a return visit so you can experience a new Brick Salt atmosphere, as well as, the rest of our ammenities.