“Budget quality, high end price.”

Charleston Marriott Town Center
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am accustomed to staying in budget hotels. I expect clean comfortable rooms and not much else for under $100 per night. While I would not expect perks like free breakfast, free Internet, and free parking for that price, almost without exception it is included. This hotel is clean and comfortable, but extremely over priced. It's not any nicer then your average budget hotel and you may find yourself paying over $100 ( the price of a nights stay at a budget spot) for amenities that lower priced counter part offer at no charge. The location is great so I guess that's what your paying for, but I still say poor value.

• Stayed: April 2013
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. It is always great to hear that the hotel was clean and comfortable during your stay as that is a top priorty for our hotel. I am sorry that you feel the hotel is over priced as our goal is to provide top quality service which has a great value to all guests. You are correct that the amenities such as parking, breakfast, and internet are not usually included in the room price as it is with select service hotels, but as a full service hotel we provide a restaurant, room service and a lounge area as a convienience for all our guests. Although the full service Marriott brand does not provide some of these amenities in the room price we do have the Fairfield Inn, TownPlace Suites, Residence Inn and some Courtyards that do include some or all of the amenities in the room price. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you give us another try in the near future or try one of our other brands that may meet all your needs even better.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

In the heart of Charleston close to all shopping and great restaurants. State Capitsl and museums on comvenient trolley route. The Towne Center Mall right across the street. Conference space very comfortable. All the ammenities you need. Excellent food fare in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
steve L, Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Charleston Marriott Town Center. The entire team understands that we are in the business to serve the guest and it is always a very encouraging when someone takes the time to give positive feedback. Thank you so much and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

spent time here ofter when I was traveling for business. This property is a typical Marriott, clean ,good service , and people to address your needs quickly and efficiently. The value is good and it ranks up there for the Charleston WV area.
Excellent sleeping value ( which is what I need most of the time...)

Room Tip: If you ask up front , they will accommodate you the best they can. Very Hospitable people in that ho...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is our pleasure to service you and the kind words are most appreciated by the entire staff. The housekeeping staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and are ranked in the top 10% of Marriott hotels and resorts for room completely clean. Service is our top priority and we rank in the top 25% in that catagory. Your positive feedback will be passed on to the entire staff as a reminder to what is important to our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Parking is a little confusing but hotel is located in a great location. The rooms have been renovated and seem updated. Service was accomodating and warm. If you typically travel and stay in Marriott hotel's then you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your views on the renovation, as well as, the new Brick Salt Bar and Kitchen. I certainly understand and agree that the new Marriott concept of a great room may not be as family friendly as it could be so we have made some adjustments. The attached Gauley rooom which was the old restaurant is available for everyone to utilize for any of the eating timeframes(breakfast,lunch,dinner). It has been remodeled with new TVs and is very family friendly with no exposure to any bar areas. Comments from individuals like yourself have allowed us to make these changes to meet your needs and we truly appreciate your feedback which helps us to improve our product to meet the needs of everyone. Thank you again and we look forward to a return visit so you can experience a new Brick Salt atmosphere, as well as, the rest of our ammenities.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

At first sight I was pleasantly surprised by the new renovations. The Lobby looks wonderful!! until I realized they moved the bar to the "Hallway". This was a VERY bad choice. We like to bring our children and be able to walk to the shows. But it is not appropriate to expect "families" to sit in the "Hall Bar" to eat a late dinner or snack. I think the bar was much better when it was out of sight in the Restaurant. And the Restaurant needs to be open later, so that families do have a place to eat in the evenings.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cemantha W
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Your concerns in regards to the open bar and restaurant concept is very valid and understandable as a father of 4 children myself. In order to make it a more family friendly environment for children we have extended the restaurant into the Gauly room that now has TVs, music, and great service but does not have a bar visible. I think this option will help make parents with children more comfortable than in the action type bar and restaurant. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit and do try out our seating in the Gauley room for your dining experience. Improvements can only be made through guest comments like yours. It is truly appreciated.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Its a Marriott like all Marriott's the property is fine. Here great service too. The lobby bar is where the town meets over drinks. The late menu is nice, diverse and reasonable. The bar service is great they hustle to keep your glass well maintained! Located in center city near everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel with feedback from your recent stay. I appreciate the kind comments in regards to the renovated facilities but more importantly is our efforts to make your stay as pleasureable as possible we were glad to be able to accomodate you with your room choice, as well as, taking you to your dining destination. We realize that service is our number one priority and your feedback helps instill in all our associates the importance and gratitude that you as a guest have for their efforts. I will make sure everyone gets a copy of your comments they will be appreciated. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here on business for one Friday evening in late February.

Check in-- Lobby renovation has given it a bright new look. Very pleased with the result. My check in person was a young trainee who was extremely friendly but still a little new. When I asked for an upgrade she very smilingly accomodated me with a room on the concierge floor. When I got to the room it was still a standard room though (which appeared to be very nice as well and I would have had no problems staying in it). Still, it being a Friday and not appearing to be a busy time for the hotel, I trekked back downstairs and found another check in person. i explained that I was hoping for an upgrade to a larger room. She checked and immediately found me a very nice suite. Again, the standard room was fine but I appreciated being bumped to a suite.

Room-- The suite was spacious with a dinner table, sofa etc. Bed, as usual for Marriott, was extremely comfortable. Bathroom was large and well stocked. Lots of storage space. I was very happy with the room.

Amenities-- Had an after dinner drink in the bar and was happy with the service and the pour. Breakfast in the restaurant in the morning was efficient and good. I had my usual oatmeal and it was in a large bowl with good fruit on the side. Since I am a platinum member, the breakfast was on the house so I was pleased with that.

Location-- Easy walk to most places. Must pat the courtesy driver on the back. He was very friendly and chatty (in a non-intrusive way) in taking me to dinner at the Bridge Road Bistro (very good place by the way). Drop off and pick up were prompt. Small human touches like that mean a lot to customers and go a long way to ensure return visits.

Check out-- Painless and efficient. No problem with the bill.

Overall, I was very happy with the property and the service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gate75
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide the hotel with feedback in regards to your stay. We certainly appreciate you as a customer and commenting on the new look both in the lobby and the rooms. We are very pleased that you appreciated the new look as it is part of giving back to the guests a well kept and clean product. Although it is very important to have a great product it is even more important to provide great service to all guests. I will share your kind comments about the staff as they will be very appreciative as that is what they strive for on a daily basis. Again thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us so we can serve you again and provide you with another great experience.