“Great overnight”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Foley, Alabama
“Great overnight”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with a large group. Check in was very easy and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. It had several restaurants only a block away so it was convenient. The only complaint I had was I didn't receive my requested wake up call.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LAtraveler36542
Richard E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear LAtraveler36542,

Just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful review! Your gracious comments about our staff service, breakfast, and location are very much appreciated. I am so sorry that you did not receive your requested wake up call, we are currently looking into why this happened and will make every effort to assure this does not happen to a future guest.

Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Civic Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kusadasi, Turkey
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Arriving very late and tired after a long drive was hard enough. I wanted to take shower and sleep. The hotel was clean but not like the other holiday inn express hotels. I little falling behind. I got into my room after a useless long talk at the reception. Too talkative he was. Room was clean shower was smelling nice. its ok for the price nothing more...

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Richard E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear jazzhearted,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We were very happy to hear how pleased you were with the quality of the room and services offered. Please accept my appology for our guest service representative being a little too chatty at check in. Your feedback is very important and is our greatest resource for improving service.

Hope to see you again soon!

Beech Bottom
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference at the convention center. Chose this hotel for price location and amenities. Previously stayed several years ago. Hotel was clean. Mary and Russell were awesome when I checked in after a long day of work and travel. Breakfast was tasty. I will stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WLSC2008
Richard E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear WLSC2008,

Thanks so much for your recent review. We were delighted to hear how pleased you were with both our staff and services, particularly the excellent service you mentioned receiving from both Mary and Russell. We wre very priviledged to have such fine associates.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and always suggested places to go when asked. Also I was greeted by a staff member every time I walked into the hotel.

The rooms new to be updated, specially the tiles in the bathroom.

Other than that, the size and amenities were ok. Nice comfortable room.

Always had cookies and coffee by the lobby. Complimentary breakfast is a plus.

Business center with two computers are good. However they were by the lobby so if anything is next to you, they can see your info, but I guess every hotel is doing that.

Thanks for the friendliness

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CecibelB
Richard E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear CecibelB,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to say thank you for your recent review. It is our mission to provide excellent service to every guest and we are always both excited and appreciative when our efforts are recognized. Your opinion is very important to us in helping to acheive the high level of customer service that is expected at Holiday Inn Express, so please keep the reviews coming.

We thank you for choosing us and hope to see you again soon!

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed here for business. As will all Holiday Inn Express's, it includes a breakfast. The staff is great....front desk, house keeping, van transportation. Their van will pick you up at the airport; and can shuttle you within a certain distance around the town.

I rated pool and restaurant as terrible; only because they don't have those. There is a small workout room onsite; plus there is an affordable option for a 3rd party exercise facility off the premises.

Clean, modern looking, and friendly staff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Richard E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Puff_D,

I would like to personally thank you for your recent review. Our entire team was so pleased to read all of the excellent comments you made about our staff and services. Should your travels bring you back to Charleston, WV, we hope that you will again choose us!

Corning, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a week. I have never been to a hotel that has been so friendly! No matter what I needed, the staff was always there with a smile! I used the van service everyday and the drivers were wonderful. The front desk folks were very welcoming and friendly. Housekeeping and the breakfast people were amazing! Watching the GM clean up outside alongside his engineering staff was refreshing. I really hated to leave! A big thanks to Amanda, Elaine, Randy, Jim, Jimmy, Joey, William and the rest of the staff! You really made me feel like "home"!!!
Keep up the good work and I hope to return soon!!!!
Peg Wood

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Richard E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Peg,

On behalf of the entire team we would like to say THANK YOU for the wonderful review you recently posted! We were so pleased to read all of the kind things you said about each of us and the services provided to you during your stay.

We too look forward to your next visit and "welcoming you back home".

Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel itself is not bad. I have a nice room on the 6th floor. Looks like it was freshly remodeled, very clean and the room was set up nicely.
I was not happy at first because when I go there around midnight I was given a key and went to a room that was already occupied, as well as the guest that checked in before me.
Other than that, I have no complaints and the breakfast as good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear mmrea,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the nice things you had to say about our hotel and its recent renovation. And please accept my apology for the difficulty you encountered when you were issued an incorrect key for your room. Issues such as this are taken very seriously and I can assure you that corrective action has already taken place.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,