“Nothing to complain about”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
national tour
“Nothing to complain about”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a great place to stay, especially for people on business or passing through. They have great bed and pillow options. The showers work and have decent water pressure. The amenities such as fast wifi, nice fitness center and a wonderful breakfast are hard to pass up.
It is one block from a great mall and across the street from the civic center.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I called to get a room and they were full. So I called priority club and was able to get a room on short notice using my points. When I arrived they were even able to give me my normal room that I stay in. I thought this was great being short notice and knowing they were filled to the tilt and they went out of their way. Not to many place are like this. The staff as had some turnover but as usual the manager has done a great job in hiring replacements that fit this place. You all were wonderful and as always my choice of lodging when in the capital city !!!!!!!!!! We were here November 15 & 16.

Room Tip: If your heading to Charleston for any reason this should be your choice of lodging.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The rooms were nice furnished and had a nice size refrigerator and a microwave oven. There were two problems with the hotel and one was the cleanliness of the room. I found hair on my bed sheets and there was more in the bathtub. The staff was friendly with the exception of a female at the front desk. The location is great for downtown and there are restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear desktopnyc,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is really nice to know that you liked our location. However, I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the cleanliness of the room and over the unsatisfactory service you received from the desk staff. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Carneys Point, New Jersey
Reviewed October 30, 2013

10/28/20013 - I checked in at the hotel and went to my room. I always pull the sheets back and check the mattresses before I sit down. I looked at the mattress and you could tell they were old with stains that had been washed at some point in time. The matress was old. I could have switched rooms but I decided to leave and visit another Holiday Inn where I know the beds are newer.

1 Thank Donna B
Richard E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Donna B,

Thank you for the recent review of our hotel. I am so sorry that the mattress in your room failed to meet your expectations. Our mattresses are actually quite new, but stains on a mattress are not acceptable. It is also standard procedure to utilize fitted mattress pads that completely cover the mattresses. If this was not the case with your particular room I only wish that you would have notified our management team and we would have gladly corrected the issue or moved you to more suitable quarters. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience, and we hope to see you again on a future trip to Charleston.
Macungie
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Most Holiday Inn's are "nice" but it is the people that make the difference! If you are in the Charleston WV area, make this your stop and ask for "Cassie" at the front desk. She will assist you and make sure your stay is GREAT. Thank you Cassie for going above and beyond what most front desk people will do! Gary B

Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I’m not sick often; but when I am, I either want to be at home or in your hotel. I was scheduled to stay with you from October 6th through October 9th. I started having major problems with vertigo when I awoke on Monday morning (the 7th) but still got up and went to work. Randy helped me get to the van and into it. He also alerted someone to help me so that I could get into my building and to my office. Of course I shouldn’t have even tried to go to work; my supervisor had to take me back to the hotel at noon. When I got there Cassie and Nyla were amazing. By this time I was also having problems with my stomach and thought that food might help. Cassie went to the kitchen and got me a bowl of cheerios and milk and made arrangements for my daughter to have a key for my room. Then she contacted Nyla, who helped me get to my room, got my cereal ready to eat and set the tissues beside me. I had a doctor’s appointment that afternoon and had to have my husband come down and spend the night to help me get back to the doctor the next day. And, when I couldn’t get ready early the next morning and breakfast was already over, Jean went into the kitchen and got each of us a bowl of cheerios and milk. I also want to mention Russell, Joey and Becky who were also very helpful. Overall, you have a great staff and I sincerely appreciate all their assistance on a daily basis. However, when I’m so sick and they go the extra mile, they become my angels/heros. Please relay my sincere appreciation to them.

2 Thank Dianna R
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed one night driving from Louisville to Gettysburg....very clean, excellent room, great free breakfast....quick on/off the freeway, free Internet. Staff very friendly when we checked in about 8pm...gave us water and snacks fir being club members.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple