Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Parsley Motor Inn(Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskriverfront parkbody washriver viewparking garagethe shuttle driverstreet noisekanawha riverlobby barhit or missnice hotellarge roomdowntown locationper dayacross the streetindoor poolnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and this stay was as good as the first. I am a SPG Plat who logs over 100 nights a year in SPG hotels and I can say that the service was top-notch. I was upgraded to a top floor suite, front desk staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, and when I ran into staff around the hotel, all asked me how my day was going. Service like this is what will keep me coming back.

The hotel itself is probably the nicest Four Points that I have stayed at. The lobby has a trendy, cool design and the rooms were well appointed and comfortable. This is definitely not your average Four Points... It's much more.

The only thing I can mention that could use a little improvement is the breakfast service. It was a little slow. When you're in business, you want to get in-and-out pretty quick. In this case, ordering was prompt but it took a while to get our food. A minor inconvenience that did not impact the quality of the stay.

Keep up the good service Four Points... I will be back.

Room Tip: If you want a view, face the river.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We got this hotel through an opaque discount site. The hotel is recently-remodeled (2013) and the lobby has that "trendy" look. Check in was fast and friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room has a river view (well, it's the Kanawha, but what the heck). Computers in the business center worked well, which was important to us. The free wifi was good, too, for my son's iPod. The location is pretty central in downtown Charleston. We had stayed in another Sheraton on our trip and while it was also nice, this one was nicer.

Only minor complaints:
1) $10 charge for parking. Yeah, I know, it's out of the hotel's control, but I still hate the extra charge.
2) Double beds instead of queen beds. When you have larger beds at home you tend to feel cramped in the doubles. Please get with the program like other hotels and put queen-sized beds in the rooms. Maybe it's a Sheraton thing?

Room Tip: If you use an opaque site but are traveling with kids, make sure you call ahead to specify the type of room you need. Also confirm with the front desk before you get your room assignment.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RonRonRon
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I had never been to West Virginia and trusted the tripadvisor reviews to pick a good hotel. The reviews have said that it was quiet and they slept great. While it is redone and updated ... The lobby smells awful... Not like a stench just like cigarette smoke and perfume like someone tried to mask the smoke and failed. The carpets on the 4th floor were stained and I guess it depends on where in the hotel your room is but I could clearly hear the person down the hall slamming their door at 4am and the train across the river goes through at all hours of the night blowing it's horn multiple times. I had an interview the next morning and slept horribly.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Meh369
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Meh369,
Thank you for your review. We are sincerely sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. We strive to maintain a relaxing and quiet accommodations for our guests, and we apologize this was not your experience. Rest assured, your comments have been shared with our team and properly handled to ensure future improvement. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope you will give us another try to better impress you. Take care.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I travel to Charleston a lot for work and have stayed nearly everywhere in town. This hotel is by far the best stay. The rooms were amazing and very quiet so I had no issue working and the food is exceptional! Everything is very clean and the new lobby is absolutely gorgeous. I've found my new "permanent" temporary home here in Charleston!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank MrsAFTravel
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Rooms were clean, very spacious and modern. We had a large TV, free internet access, and the lobby area was renovated and nice. Service was polite and efficient. We were just passing through Charleston during a long road trip, and this hotel had easy access to all major highways and was very reasonably priced. Perfect for our purposes.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple