I usually stay at the Marriott in Charleston, but it isn't all that great so I decided to try Embassy Suites this time. Check-in was fine, but then I had to park in this really crappy garage that was next to the hotel. They did not offer valet parking and they really should because it is a total pain in the butt to haul your luggage through this parking garage. We had to drag it over the curb and walk down the car entrance to the garage to get back to the hotel. Not fun.
The room was okay. Typical Embassy Suites room with the living and bedrooms separate. They do have flat screen t.v.s now. Although the bed was triple-sheeted with the blanket between two sheets, they are still using the gross bedspreads that most decent hotels have done away with. My daughter was going to take a shower and there was no hot water. I called to complain and someone called back and told me that I had to turn on the hot water on the wet bar to get the hot water in the bathroom to work. This was just stupid and I can't believe they hadn't fixed the problem before putting someone in the room. Anyway, it worked and we got a hot shower.
I have to say that when we checked out, the woman I mentioned the water situation to was really great. She asked if anyone had offered to move us to another room and when I told her "no" she comped the movie we had watched and reduced the rate. That was pretty much the high point of our stay. Bottom line is this: Embassy Suites is definitely better than the Marriott if you are staying in Charleston. Neither one is much to get very excited about though. I would recommend it because the rooms are so much bigger than the Marriott's and Hilton (parent company) offers more amenities included in the room rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Charleston is centrally located in Charleston, WV close to many local restaurants, shopping and more. Enjoy a meal at the onsite restaurant, the Athletic Club Bar and Grill, or visit one of Charleston’s many restaurants. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary manager's reception, held daily each evening. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Featured amenities include a business center, indoor pool and spa tub, WiFi (surcharge), express check-out, multilingual staff and more. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary during limited hours. Parking (subject to charges) is conveniently located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites