We had stayed at this hotel one prior trip and wanted to try again. Check in was quick and easy, they had all the paperwork done and handed us our keys. We were on an upper floor and close (but not too close) to the elevator. The rooms are suites with a living room and separate bedroom. We had a king size bed room, facing the main street but it was very quiet in the room. The living room had a sleeper sofa, chair and coffee table, a small square table with 2 chairs, large TV small frig, coffee maker and wet bar type set-up. Bathroom was large with everything needed, would have been nice to have a second sink but had lots of counter space. Plenty of towels were provided.
Bed was very comfortable and after a long day of work and then driving 5+ hours, we were ready to get some rest. There is a small closet (which stores the ironing board/iron), a small dresser with a TV on top and an night stand with lamp on each side of the bed. There was an alarm clock although they also offered wake-up calls.
The BEST thing about his hotel is their wonderful breakfast. They have juice, soda, coffee and milk to drink and then you get to the made to order omelet station. One lady was running it the first morning we were there and she was awesome. The offer about a dozen different fillings and you pick what you want/how you want it and she serves it up in a very efficient manner. She also does cooked to order eggs and pancakes. In addition to the omelet bar, there was a hot bar area with scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits and oatmeal. On the cold bar they had an assortment of yogurts and cut-up fruit. Dry cereal was also available as well as a pastry area with bagels, bread for toasting, english muffins and danishes. Think there were a couple more things offered but can't remember off hand. Everything was wonderful.
They also have an evening manager's reception but we never got to attend. WILL do it next time we stay at this hotel.
There is a swimming pool, sports bar and restaurant on site. Plus you are right in the middle of town so everything is just a short walk away.
We will definitely stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Charleston is centrally located in Charleston, WV close to many local restaurants, shopping and more. Enjoy a meal at the onsite restaurant, the Athletic Club Bar and Grill, or visit one of Charleston’s many restaurants. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary manager's reception, held daily each evening. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Featured amenities include a business center, indoor pool and spa tub, WiFi (surcharge), express check-out, multilingual staff and more. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary during limited hours. Parking (subject to charges) is conveniently located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites