“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2005

Stayed there Thanksgiving Weekend 2005, thursday to Sun. I've stayed in many hotels, and find them all to be pretty comparable in regards rooms, lobby etc. Everything was clean, service prompt. Beatiful lobby, complimentary parking, 24-hr guest services, there was a pool that I never visited, adjustable shower-heads, Neutrogena products. Now I'll tell what made this stay wonderful: service. There is a free shuttle to and fro the airport with complimentary drinks. The only problem is if you have an early flight because it doesn't operate until after 7am. The hotel also offered this shuttle FREE OF CHARGE to transport us to a private residence in WVA. We didn't end up taking it, however this kind of "anything we can do to help" attitude pervaded our entire stay there. When asked for extra toiletries, for the bedsheets to be changed early, for something to eat as a snack, everything was done without a problem and always with a pleasant smile. Full breakfast was great, same options everyday, but enough variety so never tiring: bagels, muffins, french toast, made to order omelettes, fruit, cereal, yogurt, grits, hash browns, pastries, juices, coffee, teas - all with a nice courtyard to eat in or the option of taking a tray to the room. Everyone I interacted with was great on a personal, not just cookie-cutter professional level.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
sagamore hills, ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2005

I found this hotel on-line and booked it without a clue to where it was located. When we arrived I was a bit leery because it is in a downtown of sorts, but those feelings quickly passed when we went inside. It is absolutely gorgeous. All of the rooms are accessed from the inside which is beautifully decorated with a lavish atrium, lighting that was strategically placed for an extra "awe" and plenty of staff members to serve your every need. Our room was very spacious, decorated with the same handsome touches in the entire hotel and extremely comfortable. Big enough to keep some privacy for a family of 5. The pool area was clean and well taken care of. Even when they ran out of towels, the staff made it there only priority for that moment until that crisis was settled. It was so nice to be catered too. The hotel is in an area with places to eat at your finger tips and also a mall is right across the street. Parking is limited in the front, but parking around the back in the garage is easy enough and well lit to be safe for everyone. The manager's reception is a nice touch, actually it's better then nice. Just when the hunger pains set it, you can go downstairs for a quick endless snack. The breakfast is so plentiful that you can actually make that your one meal for the day. The staff is a true asset to the Embassy. The restaurant located in the hotel was fine for one evening learning not to do that again. Our service was slow. I'd like to blame it on the waitress, but I think part of the blame should lay on the cooks in the kitchen. For as good as the hotel was, I just expected better service at the restaurant. Besides the poor restaurant experience, the only other downfall to staying at this hotel was that my name and number have appeared on a Hilton calling list. I've recieved solicitations from marketers trying to promote properties in various parts of the U.S. for a reduced rate. Other then that, which is no big deal, I just need to have my name and number removed, the Embassy was a gorgeous, well worth the money hotel to stay at. For small families, big families, couples or business travelers you really can't go wrong.

• Stayed April 2005
10 Thank OCFanatic
newark, nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2005

Good location in the city.
Attached to mall-more or less--which gave me something to do while not on business.

Again, I think ES is a pretty dependable chain.

One of my complaints with TripAdvisor is that people tend to be whining babies and it skews the real picture.

If you are in WV this place is fine.

I agree that the atrium amplifies noise something terrible--but if you are in your bedroom with the door closed you wont hear anything.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
9 Thank kenyonmartin2003
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2005

We stayed at The Embassy for one night on August 4th, as we passed through to Whit Water Rafting. From the moment we got there, the staff was excellent. Check in was a breeze, even though we were very early. They were right there to park our car and get our luggage.

We spent the afternoon in the pool, which was pleasant. The rooms were spacious and what I expected. The beds were very comfortable. We are not familiar with the area and asked staff for advice and directions, which they were happy to assist. They were very knowledgeable of the area and attractions. One bell boy even followed up with my husband later in the night to ask us what we thought

The manager's reception was a nice touch (espically the free drinks!) and the breakfast in the morning was more then enough to fill anybody up.

We used the work-out facilites in the morning and that had everything that we needed. There was 3 treadmills, 1 elliptical machine, and 2 stationary bikes. They also had some weights.

We will stay here again and would recommend it to anybody

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank Tiffy
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2005

We (my family of five and father-in-law) stayed at the Embassy Suites in Charleston on our return trip from D.C. and Virginia. We arrived in time for the manager's reception which was very welcome after 8 hours driving. The snacks were average, but the bartender was extremely friendly and welcomed us to the city! The room were comfortable and clean and appeared to have been recently remodeled. We were across the street from an Outback Steakhouse for dinner. There is also a Chili's across the street if you do not prefer to eat at the hotel. There is a small fee ($4) for parking if you do not arrive early enough for the limited spaces in front. The check-in area is alittle confusing, but the staff was helpful. The breakfast was great with enough choices for kids and adults. Our one night in Charleston was very enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank Golden06
Grayton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2005

We spent a long weekend at this Embassy suites hotel, and by the end of our few days were dreading walking into the building. The multiple fountains in the atrium lobby seemed to fill the air with a humid, unhealthy air. We stayed on a non-smoking floor, but I could smell cigarette smoke wafting up through our HVAC vents. We could not control the AC in the living room portion of our suite. It was dark and dreary in the living room; why is the bedroom well lit with a view, and the living room windowless?

We were charged $10 per day for internet service, which conveniently
had a 24 hour period beginning at 2pm. We were charged daily for parking.

The bar had inconsistent hours. The maid arrived one day at 4:00 pm,
then the next day of checkout woke us up at 8:15, then returned at 10.

(Check out was at noon) On the positive side, beds were comfortable. Charleston has a limited hotel selection, and this was the most expensive hotel in town, at $124 a night (triple A rate) With all the extra charges, $500 for a three day visit to a mediocre hotel was a little painful.

• Stayed July 2005
6 Thank Nellie D
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2005

I used to love Embassy Suites Hotels, but I have come to loathe them. This was the second stay in an Embassy Suites this year, and this is the second time I had the same problem, but this hotel handled the problem poorly. Apparently, when you place a reservation on the website, a hold is placed on your account...and when you have a visa check card like myself, it places a hold on your checking account. Then when you check into the hotel, they attempt to authorize the card, without using the funds they have already held against your reservation. So this locked up all the available funds in my checking account. The front desk called me up at 9:30pm to tell me that when I checked in FIVE HOURS EARLIER they could not authorize my card for the amount they wanted (ofcourse, they are trying to authorize the card for a huge amount over what the actual charges are). So my bank is closed, and Embassy Suites Customer Service Center closed 30 minutes prior to them notifying me there even was a problem. I called Hilton Honors and they did not want to help me because they say they don't get in the middle of disputes with hotels. And there was nothing that I could do. They were not very nice about the problem, even though it was caused by them. They shut off my phone in my room and demanded that I come downstairs right after breakfast to call my bank and get the funds that are being held released. I called another frequent traveler hotel reward company that I use and they gave me the next night free in one of their hotels...so I stayed only one night at Embassy Suites, because I was not going to give them any more of my money. The hotel and the chain do not seem at all interested in the level of distress they caused me. Here I was traveling with three children, and I had only what cash I had on hand to live on until Monday because of their error.

• Stayed July 2005