1,158 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree drinksmade to order breakfastacross the streetparking garagemanagers receptioncorner roomomeletliving roomper dayexcellent staycivic centercomplimentary breakfastshopping mallbusiness tripvery nice hotelshuttle service
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Recently stayed at this hotel while on business. The hotel is clean, well maintained and the staff was polite and attentive. The managers reception and free breakfast were great. Nice pool and great gym. Great stay!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Let me start by saying the hotel is gorgeous. The seating area in the center is great, staff is very pleasant, and well...it just looks amazing. The rooms are suite style, but I was surprised the TVs weren't flat screen, instead they were rather small.

The walls are thin, I could hear my neighbor's TV through the wall.

It's a typical Hilton in that it's overpriced and they charge for EVERYTHING!! Internet? $10 Parking? $9.

If you're leaving early, park down the street at a meter (you have to pay Monday - Saturday 8am-6pm) they usually ticket around 9:30am, or park at the Town Center ($1.75 all day).

Rooms will run you more than $100 a night.

Word of caution: WATCH YOUR BILL CLOSELY!!!! If you stay Sunday-Thursday night you MUST decline USA Today in person or get charged $.75 for it. Also, if you decline parking, double check with the desk during check out. I declined it twice and STILL got charged for it, even though I never used it!!

As another reviewer noted there are a lot of kids here. I supposed many parents look at this as a decent value since it is suite style, but many of these kids run amok through the hotel. If you hate kids, which I don't, you may not be happy here.

Breakfast was great and free. Cooked to order omelets and pancakes or go for the buffet. There's also a "manager's reception" from 5:30-7:30 with some snacks and free drinks.

Even so, I'd never stay here again. I don't like being nickel and dimed for things, especially when it already costs so much. The hotel subscribes to Priceline, so you may be able to get your room for cheap by naming your own price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank travelbuddy24
Reviewed May 24, 2009

The Good:
-Parking is plentiful in the garage
-The atrium is very welcoming and something I wouldn't expect in Charleston
-Public areas of the hotel were top-notch
-Free breakfast
-The cooked to order part of the breakfast was delicious
-The suite was large with a living room area and a bedroom
-The room seemed clean
-The bed was extremely comfortable
-Elevators were fast and I never waited more than 15 seconds for one

The Bad:
-If you have a lot of bags, it can be a hike from the parking garage to the front desk
-Parking is $9 a night
-The atrium comes at the cost of the noise it creates that can be heard quite clearly in the living area of the suite
-Carpet outside of suites needed replaced
-The buffet part of the breakfast was pretty lousy
-The lines for breakfast were long (we stayed on a Saturday night)
-Internet was not free
-The suite was in need of a renovation as the furniture and overall decor made it feel like I was stuck in the 1990's (This would be my biggest complaint)

Overall, I would stay here again because it actually was nice. All of the negatives I can overlook because they really are just picky things. Through Priceline I only paid a fraction of the $139 rate they were asking on their website, so I shouldn't be complaining.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed March 18, 2009

The lobby is nice, but that is about it... The room we stayed in had hair and stains on the bathroom floor, looks like the grout had never been cleaned, was actually black in many places. The water glasses had not been run through a dishwasher but rather washed down with what looked like a rag(left cotton particles inside the glass)! There were stains on the carpet, furniture needed much updating. One member of the staff was cordial, she was a bartender. The rest, ecspecially the front desk staff ,certainly needed some training in customer service, many were downright rude. The sauna had chewed bubble gum stuck to the floor and many particles of food on the floor. I felt as if this hotel needed a major cleaning overhaul as I was sickened by their cleanliness standards. We will never stay at this hotel again, but rather try the Marriott. I wish I would have only listened to the other negative reviews prior to staying here...

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank m0mt02
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Breakfast Great -Made to order omelets & hot foods
Room was new and clean - very quiet for the middle of town.
Great location - civic ctr & mall across the street