$124
$93
Priceline
  • Pool
1,145 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree drinksmade to order breakfastacross the streetparking garagemanagers receptioncorner roomomeletliving roomper dayexcellent staycivic centercomplimentary breakfastshopping mallbusiness tripvery nice hotelshuttle service
Reviewed May 24, 2009

The Good:
-Parking is plentiful in the garage
-The atrium is very welcoming and something I wouldn't expect in Charleston
-Public areas of the hotel were top-notch
-Free breakfast
-The cooked to order part of the breakfast was delicious
-The suite was large with a living room area and a bedroom
-The room seemed clean
-The bed was extremely comfortable
-Elevators were fast and I never waited more than 15 seconds for one

The Bad:
-If you have a lot of bags, it can be a hike from the parking garage to the front desk
-Parking is $9 a night
-The atrium comes at the cost of the noise it creates that can be heard quite clearly in the living area of the suite
-Carpet outside of suites needed replaced
-The buffet part of the breakfast was pretty lousy
-The lines for breakfast were long (we stayed on a Saturday night)
-Internet was not free
-The suite was in need of a renovation as the furniture and overall decor made it feel like I was stuck in the 1990's (This would be my biggest complaint)

Overall, I would stay here again because it actually was nice. All of the negatives I can overlook because they really are just picky things. Through Priceline I only paid a fraction of the $139 rate they were asking on their website, so I shouldn't be complaining.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed March 18, 2009

The lobby is nice, but that is about it... The room we stayed in had hair and stains on the bathroom floor, looks like the grout had never been cleaned, was actually black in many places. The water glasses had not been run through a dishwasher but rather washed down with what looked like a rag(left cotton particles inside the glass)! There were stains on the carpet, furniture needed much updating. One member of the staff was cordial, she was a bartender. The rest, ecspecially the front desk staff ,certainly needed some training in customer service, many were downright rude. The sauna had chewed bubble gum stuck to the floor and many particles of food on the floor. I felt as if this hotel needed a major cleaning overhaul as I was sickened by their cleanliness standards. We will never stay at this hotel again, but rather try the Marriott. I wish I would have only listened to the other negative reviews prior to staying here...

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank m0mt02
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Breakfast Great -Made to order omelets & hot foods
Room was new and clean - very quiet for the middle of town.
Great location - civic ctr & mall across the street

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2009

We have stayed at other Embassy Suites and loved them, but this hotel was filthy. Even accounting for New Years Eve parties, the dirt was more than one year thick. The air vents are covered in dust and the shower has mold growing in it. Dust and dirt everywhere. This was our first stay in Charleston. If we ever return it will not be here!

Also, be wary of their reservation rules. We arrived before the rest of our family, and because the reservation was made as a group, we had to pay cash up front for the room (could not swipe the card the reservation was made under). Was not expecting the additional "deposit" required for a cash payment either.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
hotelgmCharleston_WV, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2009

Good Afternoon,

I had an opportunity to review your posting back in January following your stay at our Hotel on what appears to be NYE. I thank you for your comments and will share with our staff your thoughts of cleanliness while a guest of our hotel. The entire Hotel was full due to the festivities and while the majority of our customers expressed a high level of satisfaction, we apologize if your experience was less that satisfactory. Should your travel plans bring you back to the Charleston area in the future, we hope you will provide us with another opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality. Thank you for taking time to advise us of your experience.

Reviewed November 2, 2008

I have stayed in many hotels and I would rank my hometown Embassy Suites up there with the best of 'em. I stayed one night recently due to a family situation, and I was very impressed. The hotel is very clean, very classy, and downright swanky for West Virginia, which isn't really known for swanky. The all-suite rooms are huge, quiet, and tastefully decorated; the bedding is top of the line. A robe and bottled water were complimentarily provided. Even the shower experience was noteworthy; immediate hot water, good water pressure, and quality shampoo, conditioner, and lotion were provided. There's an excellent fitness room with health-club worthy cardio equipment., including three treadmills and three ellipticals. The staff is helpful and friendly. The complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast was above average. If you're staying in Charleston, WV for a conference or convention, or passing through, you won't find a nicer place to stay than my hometown Embassy Suites. It's located across the street from the Charleston Town Center, a large indoor mall with a many good restaurants, plus a Macy's, Sears, J.C. Penneys and other speciality stores.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)