$131
$109
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$49
$93
Priceline
  • Pool
1,149 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree drinksmade to order breakfastacross the streetparking garagemanagers receptioncorner roomomeletliving roomper dayexcellent staycivic centercomplimentary breakfastshopping mallbusiness tripvery nice hotelshuttle service
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My daughter and I arrived around 9pm to check in on a Friday night in August. I was lucky enough to find the last parking space available out front when I arrived. When checking in at the very different almost casino table style check in desks (which I think is brilliant by the way) there were two different sets of bridesmaids and brides checking in. They had coolers in tow and were very loud. I looked at the gal checking us in and said," I am not here for a wedding, we would just like to get a good night's sleep because we are back on the road early in the morning. Is it possible to not be near any of them?" She smiled and said, "I don't think that will be a problem at all." We were put on a very high floor in a corner room (right next to some sort of luxury suite). The room was nicely appointed, like any Embassy Suites. The bedroom seemed a little damp when we walked in. During the night when we had the airconditioning unit on the vent above the bedroom door was dripping condensation and with the air blowing it actually blew water droplets onto the bed. The vent cover was rusting so condensation on it must be an issue. I am a light sleeper but could hear the airconditioning unit for the hotel all the way down on the ground. Plus the police/ambulance noise from the street. Maybe staying on the other side of hotel would have been quieter? But then again, I saw the bridesmaides going into rooms on that side so I was fine with the airconditioning unit. Breakfast was fine the next morning. When checking out I mentioned the condensation/dampness in the bedroom. I asked when Embassy Suites started to allow pets. The lady said "We don't allow pets anymore". I mentioned that the back of the bedroom door had been chewed and clawed by a dog. The corner of the door had been eaten and almost a square foot of the door at the corner had been clawed and chewed. Obviously someone snuck in a dog and then left it in the room for some period of time. She said she had an idea of who that was. She took the $12 parking fee off my bill for the condensation inconvenience and thanked me for telling her about the dog damage on the door. When the door is held open you can't see it. We closed the door at night to add a buffer to the lobby/hallway noise and noticed it. We would stay here again when traveling through Charleston.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

this hotel has truly the best staff . everyone was cheery and helpful. the shuttle bus driver offered to ferry us to the state capital so we would not miss our daughter's swearing in, to the maid who came and brought us ice when she noticed the ice machine was not working well to the gentleman singing while he was cleaning tables at the manager's reception. the staff is truly attuned to the guest's needs . there were middle school guests, so the manager opened the soda and juice bar so these young guests could share in the reception.

the morning breakfast bar is wonderful. the hot made to order omelets are amazing.

however, the coffee is truly horrible. dish water would be better. please change your coffee service or open a coffee bar with an outside vendor supplying the coffee. the pool while very nice, has far too much chlorine (bathing suit was striped of colour after one visit). lastly, could you fix the windows so they would at least open a crack to allow for fresh air in the room?

have stayed here many times over the years, and will do so in the future.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were in town for a wedding/ only stayed 1 night this time but this place is very nice/ has great amenities and is right across from the mall! We love the complimentary breakfast/ the chefs do an awesome omelet. Nice sports bar too along with an adequate fitness center/ indoor pool. Only complaint is with parking they charge you $12 a night to self park in a lot adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was here for a weeklong conference and I was very impressed. The room was great and the refreshments during the breaks were very good also. I did not eat any meals here other than the complimentary breakfast which I was very impressed with. The omelets made to order were quire good and the chef was very friendly. Some of the other service people working in the breakfast are were not quite as friendly, but overall I was very impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A very pretty and pleasant place to stay. Service and accommodation were extremely good. The only headache I had was with parking make sure you have your key with you. Plus it is a good walk from were you can park the car in the parking garage and the entrance. Our view of the city was great. Price for a two rm. suite was very reasonable. We had a great stay and plan on going back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple