1,155 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree drinksmade to order breakfastacross the streetparking garagemanagers receptioncorner roomomeletliving roomper dayexcellent staycivic centercomplimentary breakfastshopping mallbusiness tripvery nice hotelshuttle service
Reviewed October 15, 2013

From before we even arrived, I felt like the staff wanted to really take care of my wife and I. From the clerk who arranged to have flowers waiting for my wife's birthday, to the waiter who gave me a quiet table and a cold beer when I really needed both, to the clerk who arranged a shuttle from the train station (and to the station, and then from the station to the airport - hint, don't take Amtrak to/from Charleston), to the super friendly shuttle driver, I felt like the staff really cared about us. Beyond the staff, it's a really nice hotel, with a great atrium lobby with small water falls and stream. Room was very nice, though a bit dark. Gym was nice, and fairly large. Pool and hot tub were nice, though packed with kids weekend we were there, and hot tub looked well-used. Awesome breakfast, wtih made-to-order omlet bar. I didn't attend the manager's happy hour, but saw many fellow guests lined up at bar for complimentary drinks. Overall, a great place to stay, especially because of the great staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. All comments are helpful so we may continue to improve upon our services.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times as we travel to/from the east coast, we have never been unhappy with our experience. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. The rooms are spacious, the bar has great food, and the staff are always thoughtful and helpful. The only down side is the parking garage is not connected to the hotel but that is not a deal breaker since we like this hotel so much.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Rough start - hot water remote

Since this was my first visit to Charleston, WV (and WV) I wanted to stay at a well known hotel. This hotel is located directly across the street from the mall, which is a very nice one, several restaurants and one block from a small pharmacy. It offers a free shuttle ride from the airport! The staff were friendly and responsive. Other pluses include the hot buffet breakfast and evening reception, free wifi for Hilton Honors members and the suite area.

My stay got off to a bumpy start with the hot water not working and the TV remote needing replacing. Each time I called about the issues staff were quick to respond and fix them.

A few room quirks worth mentioning, the mattress in my room was unusually low to the ground. There was only a half glass door on the shower (no tub). Electrical outlets are not easy to locate. I had to rearrange furniture to access plugs.

Beware that they automatically charge you a $12.95 self parking fee. Even though the front dest staff asked me upon check-in if I had parked a car and I said no, the fee was still on my bill. Their practice of doing this is irritating and an inconvenience to the guest and they should stop doing it.

I would stay here again if I visited Charleston, WV again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hotel was very nice and had all the amenities you would expect. Complimentary shuttle to & from airport as well as to & from my business meeting location. Great location right next to the downtown mall and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience. We will share with the staff and management team so that we can continue to improve upon our services.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Charleston while on business in August 2013. Overall, it was a good experience. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport, was timely and very convenient. I also used the hotel
shuttle to go to my business meeting. However, the location of the hotel in town was so convenient that I could have walked. I advised the front desk
that I came from the airport and did not have a car, so I did not have to deal with any charge for parking or other parking issues. The room was clean and the
furniture typical of an Embassy Suites Hotel. By chance, I
happened to stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Atlanta the following night, and the rooms looked the same. The only thing
negative that I could really mention, which applies both to the Embassy Suites Hotel in Charleston as well as the one I stayed at in Atlanta, is that they seem to have a slight problem with their key cards. They do not always work on the first or even the second try, so you have to keep trying and eventually the
door opens. The "suite" layout of the rooms, with a wet bar, microwave, fridge, and extra room, would be very good for a
lengthy stay.