“Spacious accommodations”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brick, New Jersey
“Spacious accommodations”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent two nights and found room was clean and plenty of room. Hotel is certainly located near shopping mall & a short walk to riverfront & historic area. Check in was speedy but parking was confusing. Managers Happy Hour is nice touch.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
chagrin falls
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I echo all previous reviews. CONS: Parking is ridiculous. $12 per day - there is no valet and you self park across the street - with no interior access to hotel. We arrived late at night & were advised to unload curbside & park. I would not have wanted to be traveling by myself or had some physical limitations - my hub came back from the garage & said he did not feel "comfortable" walking back from garage - very late outside, few people about. Carpeting, tile, fixtures & fake plants in lobby all need a good scrubbing. Dirt & dust abounds. Interior of rm dated (think burgundy & hunter green); TV has some channels that don't come in; dust along corners & baseboard of room; food & dirty linens left in hallway overnight.
Ok, now the PROS. Some updating noted. Our bathroom & bar looked recently redone. New cabinets & granite. Furniture in rm looked newer (sofa & chair). Corner suite was extra spacious and location made it very quiet. Breakfast was bountiful. If I needed to stay in Charleston again, I might consider staying here; however, if just driving through (as we usually do), I would stay elsewhere due to inconvenient parking situation.

• Stayed September 2013
Chapmanville, West Virginia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel. This hotel chain has good reputation and after this stay I concur. Visually very appealing complex. We were given 9th floor room. Check in was fairly quick. Entry to hotel lobby from high way is little bit tight. There was no parking available in front or behind hotel. I paid $12 for overnight parking but that too was little cumbersome. You definitely
need to unload your luggage before you go for parking., because you need to walk some distance from parking to hotel. Once you are in the hotel everything is excellent. Room is spacious, clean. Bathroom, linen and flooring are quite nice. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Made to order Omelet and the rest , you can pick up. The view is particularly appealing
from corridor. We dint have time to join the evening reception. So I cant comment on this. The hotel is somewhat pricey but is worth it. We might select this hotel again if we need to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bayside, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at this Embassy Suites for a brief business trip, and given that I intend to be back to Charleston 2-3X a year for business, I would look to stay here again.

It is conveniently located next to the mall across the street and easy to get to from the highway.

The rooms were typicall of an Embassy Suites with two rooms with a bathroom in between. The bathrooms also had spacious shower stalls as opposed to tubs which prefer. Both rooms were spacious and offered a nice comfortable sleep with little to no outside noise coming in.

I didn't encounter staff much during my stay other than the front desk. The common errors were all brightly lit and looked to be in good shape.

Limited space for parking is available right up front, but there is plenty of parking in the adjacent garage.

Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

THe room smelled like old smoke and bad purfum. After a few hours with the air on it went away. They also had a reno and forgot to finish the shower. It's a piece of glass with no door and water gets all over, never seen that before! Gym is newer and had a good selection of equipment. Breakfast was the smalles selection I had seen at an Embassy. Not worth the rate but the only option is Hampton if your a Hilton man like me. I alos did not enjoy walking past smelly dumpsters to park my car. It's just average for an ES. I let them know upon check out my concern about the room but they laughed, I was hoping for something diffrent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our some aspects of our hotel. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss in further detail the reasons why our hotel was not a perfect fit for you. I’m always glad to listen to our guests suggestions.

Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Burlington, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you have the opportunity to travel to Charleston, West Virginia, I without question recommend you stay at the Embassy Suites, excellent hotel, with an outstanding staff that goes the extra mile to take care of their guests. Plenty of parking and shuttle service to the airport and capital complex. My compliments to the management and staff of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2013

While travelling, found hotel to be clean, convenient, and worthy of repeat business. Very nice complimentary breakfast. Was also in good location for walking around town and right across from a mall with quality stores and fine restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family