“Great for Business Trips”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has a very nice lobby. Free newspapers are provided. Lots of counter space in the bathroom, which almost every girl can appreciate. They have Crabtree and Evelyn products in the bathroom so it's ok if you forget to pack shampoo, soap, or lotion. The bed is comfortable enough for a solid night's sleep. The continental breakfast is pretty impressive. Parking is a bit of a pain. Only a few spots in the front, and a lot in the parking garage behind the hotel. The parking garage isn't connected to the hotel so you have to walk outside to it. The hotel is right across from the mall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear dbienick,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Your comments are appreciated and I hope we will see you again in the near future for a return visit

Mark Cherry GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Embassy Suites in Charleston is ALWAYS my go to hotel. The suites are amazing, the manager's reception with free food and drinks is always great, the made to order omlets at breakfast are delicious, and the overall experience is outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Jenniffer T,

Thank you for your continued business and your kind words concerning our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that we have satisfied return guests and your business is most appreciated.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The property was buzzing with kids' groups when I checked in. The front desk staff was very busy handling chaperons and their needs. When my turn came I was met by a very rude staffer who was very unhappy to check me in. I was asked for my ID (very common upon checking in) during the check-in process and business card for my corporate rate. I gave the staffer my passport. She handed it back and said she needed my driver's license. I politely said it's buried in my briefcase, can't you just use my passport. "No, I need your driver's license." So, I dug out my license. I asked the staff member if there was a special code or logon for the WiFi. She responded "You know, since you're only Silver Hilton Honors, you have to pay for it." Instructions are in your room. Hotel property is dated, but clean. Parking is terrible. There is no parking when checking in, so a guest is required to park in a filthy municipal parking garage with all the amenities and safety issues garages of this kind provide. Room service staff was very nice and food was good. Given rudeness of front desk staff, I will never use this property again. I would recommend travelers consider other hotels when visiting Charleston. These folks do not deserve your business.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear William J

On behalf of the management and staff of our hotel I’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn of your experience with us lacked what you typically expect from us. We typically get a lot of positive comments so I’m quite surprised to hear the about the issues you encountered. In order for us to continuously improve upon our products and services, we do take your comments very seriously. With that said, please be assured that I will be taking your feedback into consideration to improve our in-property experience.

Thank you again for your review and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so you may enjoy a more favorable stay.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a quick, unplanned stop in Charleston while driving home from our vacation in Myrtle Beach. We had no way to search out hotels and just started calling around from results on our GPS.

We booked on the preferred rooms floor - it wasn't that much more expensive than the other floors. Our room was perfect for our family (we were travelling with 2 boys - 1 1/2 and 3 1/2). The kids slept in the livingroom and we took the bedroom.

The complimentary snack bar was a great treat for us and the kids after a long day of travelling (and before another long day of travelling!!). We didn't use the pool, but it looked great.
The breakfast - WOW. THAT was fantastic. One of the best omelets I've ever had! And there was a great variety of options for us and for the kids. I wish it went a little longer than 9 am, but that worked to get us up and back on the road!
The bed was among the most comfortable I have ever stayed in. I felt like I was wrapped in a cloud on top of a marshmallow. I never wanted to get out.

The staff were all so friendly, and the hotel was quiet, clean (immaculate, really), and a real treat for us.

Room Tip: Spring for the preferred rooms floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jewel_Hamilton,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel and your experience. We just started the Premium floor program and you are the first to write about it but the verbal comments have been equally enthusiastic. I am so happy that you had such a great experience and I really appreciate the use of the word "fantastic" we must be doing something right.
I hope that in your future travels you will seek out Embassy Suites for your preferred lodging choice and that all your future travels will be equally as good.
I hope that we likewise will have the pleasure of your company again in the future

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Held our 4th annual conference at the Embassy Suites Charleston, WV. Comments were that the event was "classy". We thank the staff at the Embassy Suites for their warm welcome, hospitality and service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recently completed meeting at the hotel. Your feedback is most appreciated and I hope we shall see you again in the future,

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a comfortable stay. next time I will be glad to book here again. The staff was accomodating and the facility was clean and appears safe. I will recommend this hotel to anybody. It is my pleasure to stay here for the weekend.

Dear Hedy W,

Thank you for your kind comments and your strong recommendation of the hotel. I am very happy that we were able to meet your needs and that you will be staying with us again as your travel plans allow.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have never stayed at an Embassy Suites before; this is a really nice place.
The rooms really are suites: a good-sized living room, with microwave and small refrig, and a separate bedroom. Both rooms have flat screen tvs. The rooms are very quiet and clean.
They have an open bar "managers reception" every night with free drinks and hors doeuvres for an hour and a half. This is not just beer and wine, but a full bar. It's a great way to socialize.
There is a full breakfast buffet, with a made-to-order omlette bar.
The meeting space is good, also, and staff is friendly and helpful.
I hope I get to stay here the next time I am in Charleston.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear SGJ1013,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of the hotel. I appreciate all the comments and I will share the review with the staff to let them know what a great job they are doing.
I hope we will see you again in the future