“Very nice place to stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Narrows, Virginia, United States
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here recently and have done so for the last 3 years for my daughter's dance competitions. I encountered no major problems. Room and suite was of average cleanliness. We slept well and were not bothered by any noise. We ate breakfast and it was good overall. I have no complaints. I really like being able to walk across the street to the Charleston Towncenter Mall. That is really nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear CK228,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay, I am glad that you had a pleasant experience and we will use your comments to improve the guest experience for everyone.
I hope we will see you again in the near future if your travels return you to the area

Mark Cherry GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Swanton, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I spend three nights at this hotel this past weekend. Friday night started well with check-in and being welcomed as a returning Diamond Hilton Honors member. We had arrived in time for the manager's reception and were very disappointed. Long line for a drink, two nut mixes, chips & salsa, queso dip, sour cream, and jalapenos were the fare. The high mark here was the bartender Chad, exceptional. The other wait staff, disappointing. We decided to check out the hotel restaurant and give it excellent marks, great food, good prices, great staff.
Day two (Saturday) we wanted to start with in-room coffee but the coffee maker was broken. Engineering brought on up right away. Great...then started with the breakfast but was very disappointing, slow almost pathetic staff, poor quality food, burnt bacon, runny scrambled eggs, long lines for the eggs to order. Not expected. Returned late Saturday evening to find housekeeping had never touched our room, Checked with front desk, no excuse..we must have missed it. Went to the pool...disaster, filthy area, no clean towels, again to front desk..oh the towels are in the dryer...they never arrived at the pool area while we were there.
Sunday started with a better breakfast since they were not as busy but cereal containers empty, slow eggs to order but quality ok. Gone for the day but back early enough for the manager's reception and a refreshing change. Chad the bartender again was awesome, food was excellent, pita wedges, great dip, veggies,nut mix, and horseradish dip...this is what I normally see, not sure what happened Friday night.

Overall the hotel is ok, parking is good, Restaurant & bar staff excellent, front desk and housekeeping...not impressed.

This hotel needs to re-focus on customer service. I travel a great deal and use Hilton properties exclusively, this hotel is not worthy of a re-try.

Disappointed Diamond.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keith S
Dear Keith S
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visit annually for business and were surprised by the lack of maintenance at this property. As you walk in, you cannot help but notice the dirty floors. The room was not very clean and we told front desk. When we returned to our room at 5:00 it was untouched.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Misspenne
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The lobby is beautiful and the suite bathrooms have been updated and are decent, but the rooms are dated. They are kind of a let down after seeing the nice lobby. In my opinion, the rooms really need to be renovated soon. The resturant / bar downstairs has good food and service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Benjamin B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel from your recent visit. I appreciate your comments and we will use them as we plan for the future

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was there with Marshall University Baseball Team. Everything was just fine location, Food, Hospitality, Cleanliness, Beds very comfortable and the services we used where good. The only problem i would say was trying to hook up to internet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mark K,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will check on the internet issue you experienced and hope that you will return again in the near future

Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The welcoming atmosphere of this hotel coupled with its proximity to restaurants, shopping and many business and government locations makes it the ideal place to stay. The staff is professional and courteous. We enjoy the spacious lobby area for visiting with family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mary C,

Thank you for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review our hotel.

Owenton, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We took our 4 kids here for a weekend getaway. First of all, the staff were exceptional. They were in the midst of dealing with a large group when we arrived on Friday night, but the man who checked us in, Ryan, was very considerate, taking the time to address my concerns and also joking with me to get me to smile (the ride had been a bit stressful and he could most likely tell). Every staff member that we met was kind, courteous, and smiling. They were all friendly to my kids, which makes a huge impression on me as a parent. I was willing to overlook a few things that concerned me, such as the cleanliness of the room (my daughter found a fake mustache on the bathroom floor when we arrived) and the overpriced parking ($12 a night) because of the great service we received. The breakfast (with a fabulous bar and an awesome chef creating made-to-order omelets) as well as the evening manager's reception (with cocktails for adults, mocktails for kids, and snacks for everyone) were another highlight. Another great thing was very reasonably-priced, quick, and tasty room service (the portions were large, too). And, the hotel is gorgeous. When we walked in, my 7-year-old said "I feel like we're in New York!" Also, the suites are very roomy. With a family of 6, that's important to us and rare to find! Thanks Embassy Suites, for a great weekend! We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Beth G,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am very happy that you experienced our welcoming staff and that your stay was pleasant.

I thank you for the feedback and I shall share it with our staff. We look forward to your return in the future