“Needs Updated”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Needs Updated”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The lobby is beautiful and the suite bathrooms have been updated and are decent, but the rooms are dated. They are kind of a let down after seeing the nice lobby. In my opinion, the rooms really need to be renovated soon. The resturant / bar downstairs has good food and service.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Benjamin B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel from your recent visit. I appreciate your comments and we will use them as we plan for the future

Mark Cherry GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was there with Marshall University Baseball Team. Everything was just fine location, Food, Hospitality, Cleanliness, Beds very comfortable and the services we used where good. The only problem i would say was trying to hook up to internet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mark K,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will check on the internet issue you experienced and hope that you will return again in the near future

Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The welcoming atmosphere of this hotel coupled with its proximity to restaurants, shopping and many business and government locations makes it the ideal place to stay. The staff is professional and courteous. We enjoy the spacious lobby area for visiting with family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mary C,

Thank you for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review our hotel.

Owenton, Kentucky
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We took our 4 kids here for a weekend getaway. First of all, the staff were exceptional. They were in the midst of dealing with a large group when we arrived on Friday night, but the man who checked us in, Ryan, was very considerate, taking the time to address my concerns and also joking with me to get me to smile (the ride had been a bit stressful and he could most likely tell). Every staff member that we met was kind, courteous, and smiling. They were all friendly to my kids, which makes a huge impression on me as a parent. I was willing to overlook a few things that concerned me, such as the cleanliness of the room (my daughter found a fake mustache on the bathroom floor when we arrived) and the overpriced parking ($12 a night) because of the great service we received. The breakfast (with a fabulous bar and an awesome chef creating made-to-order omelets) as well as the evening manager's reception (with cocktails for adults, mocktails for kids, and snacks for everyone) were another highlight. Another great thing was very reasonably-priced, quick, and tasty room service (the portions were large, too). And, the hotel is gorgeous. When we walked in, my 7-year-old said "I feel like we're in New York!" Also, the suites are very roomy. With a family of 6, that's important to us and rare to find! Thanks Embassy Suites, for a great weekend! We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Beth G,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am very happy that you experienced our welcoming staff and that your stay was pleasant.

I thank you for the feedback and I shall share it with our staff. We look forward to your return in the future

Clarksburg WV
Reviewed April 1, 2013

It is always a pleasure to stay here. The evening reception is really nice. The staff make you feel like a valued guest. The parking is the only proglem i have with it. $12.00 and I didn't park in the garage I parked out front.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear ReniW,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our valued guests and I will share your comments with our staff.
We will endeavor to improve the parking situation but the hotel does lease space for our guests from the mall which is not the perfect situation.

Pinckney, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My business stay at the Embassy Suites in Charleston, WV exceeded my expectations in all aspects. The room was quite, clean and gave me the opportunity to conduct business while still enjoying many comforts of home. The staff was attentive and professional but not overbearing or rude. The location is excellent with many fine dining establishments within walking distance. Having experienced several other facilities in the area, many of which were quite nice, this is where I will continue to stay for future trips.

Dear JKJangia,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and for your kind words concerning the hotel. I will share your comments with the staff and I hope that we will see you again in the near future

Mathias, West Virginia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

At more than $200 bucks per night (not counting the $12 parking even though I DID NOT use the parking garage) Embassy Suites, Charleston is NOT worth the money!!! Walked into my NON-SMOKING room, could smell smoke and an overabundance of carpet fresh/air freshner. Looking out window and evidence (cigarette butts) strewn across rooftop. Trash from previous customer had not been emptied......makes you wonder if the bed linens had been changed!!!! After a shower, the steamed mirror reflected a message someone had written previously, again....cleanliness!!! Made coffee and discovered the used filter from previous customer was STILL in the pot!! I'm beginning to wonder what kind of bugs/germs I brought home with me!!!!
I was sold on this hotel, largely due to the shuttle service. We asked to be picked up at 4:45 to be taken to the Cultural Center......was FINALLY picked up at 5:15, which made us arrive 30 minutes late to our event. On return, waited in the cold for 30 minutes, after being told that someone would be "there within a few minutes." Stay at the Marriott, the Ramada, or even the Holiday Inn.....UGH!

1 Thank c k
Dear CK

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry that you found cigarette buds by the window and that you felt your room was not cleaned thoroughly. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.