Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
  • Restaurant
Parsley Motor Inn(Charleston)
Sunset Motel(Charleston)
1,097 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree drinksmade to order breakfastacross the streetmanagers receptionparking garagecorner roomliving roomomeletper dayexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastbusiness centerbusiness tripshuttle servicevery nice hotelfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have used this hotel for 3 years for frequent visits with our son. We love that the hotel is across the street from a mall and has very many restaurants within walking distance. The hotel also has a sports bar. The hotel price includes a great breakfast buffet with omelets and free drinks and appetizers from 5:30 to 7:30 pm every day. It has a workout room and indoor pool. The 9 story atrium is relaxing. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are always great. The only con that I have, is that they bill you for a $12 daily parking fee. We used to get free parking as Hilton Honors members till 2012. I think that all hotel guests should get free parking in the parking garage.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Crusingrammy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments and concerns

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here Thanksgiving evening. Was quoted a government rate of $97 on the phone but was charged $115. Did not have a blanket or pillows in the room for the sofabed. Called the front desk around 11:45pm but it rang continuously until I had to go to the front desk. Then waited another 30 minutes to receive the blanket and then wait again to receive the pillows. Around 7:30am in the morning, the alarm clock for a neighboring room went off. Obviously no one was in the room so I called the front desk. The phone rang at least 30 times until it disconnected. Perhaps I caught them on a bad night. Breakfast was OK. The hotel location is good but its a shame paying for parking.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Bhighlande,

Thank you for taking the time to write. The room rate is quoted based upon the number of guests in a room, based upon 2 adults the rate is $115, but I do apologize for the confusion. Parking in any downtown is always a tricky issue, we do charge $12 for parking because the garage does not belong to the hotel and we do pay the garage for vehicles that use the hotel gate access.
We will use your comments to improve our operations for your and future guest stays and i thank you for the feedback,

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at least four other times over the past 2 years and generally find the hotel to be clean, well appointed, and staffed with helpful employees. Hotel location is great for visiting Charleston. Ample parking for $12. Room service was with plenty of choices, expedient, and tasty (the ribeye was awesome). This last visit was as usual until breakfast. Never experienced a similar breakfast at any other Embassy Suite (even at an Embassy Suite I will not return to due to poor facility). My family arrived at 10:15 (they close at 10:30) and found the breakfast staff starting to close down the breakfast area. They were out of plates, bowls, and various foods (no biscuits, no bacon, no OJ, no waffle mix, no syrup). Most other Embassy Suites I have stayed at are open and fully stocked well past 10:30 closing. By 10:28, the "made to order" portion of the area was shutterred (literally) and iced items were removed. By 10:30, everything was removed with exception of muffins in a separate location. At least they still had coffee (minus disposable "to-go" cups). Overall, had a great experience until breakfast. I will still return to this hotel in the future unless I have another bad experience.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Kokodoc,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry about the problem you had with breakfast and we will work to improve for your return and that of all our guests. Thank you also for the many positive parts of your stay that you also mentioned.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of you company again in the future and we look forward to your return,

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Bit difficult to locate since it's in downtown, but once you're there you won't regret it,some areas you have to pay for parking but there are restaurants within walking distance. Here's the best part, free cocktail nights and breakfast buffet with certain hours of course, so make sure you ask, the staff could use a little smile on their faces...they're too busy talking to each other, one thing I noticed, makes the guests feel unwelcome, wonder what the manager feels about this, the only person that is most friendly is the chef.

• Stayed: November 2012
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Wilmingtonmom,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am glad that our breakfast was a huge hit with your children and that you had time to enjoy the cocktail reception. I appreciate your comments concerning the less than welcoming staff and we will work to address that so that future guest stays can be even better

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love staying in Embassy Suites. The Charleston, WV one is no different! I have had several pleasant stays here and would stay again in a heart beat! Excellent service! Clean rooms! Spacious rooms! A+++

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear adtaylor10,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. It is always nice for me to tell the staff that their efforts are appreciated. We look forward to your return in the future and I hope that you will always think of the Embassy for all your lodging, group or catering needs.