“What to Expect, Except the Parking”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“What to Expect, Except the Parking”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Generally good Embassy Suites property. But the parking is a problem. They charge $12.00 a night here, and you have to walk behind the hotel into a parking garage to get to your car. The same garage the hotel uses is only $1.75 a night if you go in the 'mall' entrance. And the front desk people will charge you no matter what the $12.00 a night.
$12.00 a night in Charleston is ridiculous, and if the weather is bad, you have an unprotected walk to the garage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear passandshoot,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I appreciate your comments about the hotel and the parking that we offer. The parking situation in a downtown environment is somewhat challenging and Charleston is exactly that, the rate the hotel offers comes with unlimited access to the structure and the ability to have the charge placed upon your room bill and for many that represents a true value.

We will use your comments and concerns to improve our services for future guests and I hope that we will have the opportunity to again serve you if your travels return you to the Charleston area

Regards

Mark Cherry GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
East Bank, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I go here at least every few months just to get away with sisters and friends, and We always have a wonderful time. This place is always clean, up to date, the staff is always professional and nice, the managers special is wonderful and inviting, The Breakfast is absolutely delicious and they have a huge variety of food and its free with your stay, The pool is clean & refreshing. I love this place and will continue to go here as often as I can.

Room Tip: The corner suites are huge but the other suites are just as nice, any room you get you will love it.
Dear Tricia K,

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your stay at the hotel. I will pass along your comments to the staff and it is our pleasure to have you as one of our regular guests.

Sincerly

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family & I pass through Charelston several times a year. We always stay downtown Charleston in the Embassy Suites. Our children love it! They have a great indoor pool w/ a great FREE b-fast complete w/ an omelett station. There is also a welcome "happy hour" drink for adults. Very nice hotel, w/ glass elevators & a coi stream running through the lobby. Directly downtown & by the mall (across the street). Walking distance to movies, museum, & numerous restaurants.

Dear sbwright,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Embassy Suites. I thank you for your comments and I am very happy that you were very happy with your stay.

I hope we will see you again in the near future when you again pass through town

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel was pretty clean and the perks are great. It's right next to the downtown mall, so that's convenient as well. If you've stayed at an Embassy Suites, you know the free happy hour is the BOMB. This was no exception. Also, the made to order omelets were delicious and since the breakfast comes with the room, you can't beat the price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Sarah C,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am very happy that you enjoyed the happy hour and the breakfast with made to order omelets.
I hope that you travels will return you to this area and you will again choose the Embassy Suites for your hotel needs

Fort Mill SC
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here while driving back from Ohio to home. It was a close halfway point and we plan on staying here everytime. Sadly we didn't get much time to check out the hotel but what we did see, was wonderful. We had a quick check in. My husband parked the car while the kids and I went to the room. They loved the glass elevator. Our room was spacious and very clean. We had a suite. The beds were so very comfortable, as was the sleeper sofa. We loved having the two TVs. The bathroom was very nice also. The kitchen area was also a good size. We all enjoyed the breakfast and the made-to-order omlet station was great and fast. Tons of choices and nicely laid out. Even though it was busy, there were enough tables. The location was good and was a nice safe area. Room seemed very quiet too. We are looking forward to making this our hotel stop for all our Ohio trips.

Dear Mom3boyssc,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the hotel. I am very happy that you and the kids enjoyed the stay and all the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again on your future trips from to or from Ohio.

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Traveled through here on business for 2 nights. This hotel was a solid choice. The breakfast options and quality were quality and varied. I just wish the cups for hot beverages was a big larger. The manager's reception every evening was nice. I don't eat a lot of the appetizers they serve, but the wine selection was pretty decent for complimentary wine. My only complaint was that I could hear the woman in the room next to me coughing up a storm in the middle of the night. I'm a pretty sound sleeper and she was able to wake me.

The staff was extremely nice, helpful, and courteous. I would stay here again should I ever end up in Charleston, WV

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Krepsy,

Thank you for writing about your stay at the Embassy Suites. I am very happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and managers reception and found the offerings to be pleasing. I hope that we will see you again on future trips through the area.
Regards
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Breakfast was great and included in the room price. Keep in mind, you'll probably have to pay about $12 for parking. This hotel was in a great location and easy to find for someone that has never been to the area. We were able to walk downtown for dinner. Nice rooms, bathrooms and beds...we had a great night sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MackenzieO

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I appreciate the kind remarks and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.