“Consistantly good”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Consistantly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at a variety of Embassy Suites over the years, and enjoy the consistant room layout, cleanliness, and buffet breakfast. The in-room coffee, as well as the buffet coffee, could be much better, however, but there is a Starbucks not too far. Also, for the price, parking and wireless access should be included, but isn't. These are not deal-breakers for us, though, as the suite is perfect for our family, and we've never had an issue with cleanliness and service.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear imartraveler,

Thank you for takinmg the time to write about your stay, your comments are appreciated and serve to help us improve the guest experiance both now and in the future.
Mark Cherry GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is a nice, typical Embassy Suites hotel. I stayed here back in October 2011 and really liked it and would stay here again in the future. Rooms are spacious, staff friendly. Parking is not as convenient as I would like, but it was managable. Parking in the front is very limited and the other parking option is in the back garage. I've stayed at other hotels in downtown Charleston and didn't find them to feel safe. The Embassy Suites definitely feels safer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear reviewer0101
Thank you for writing about the Embassy Suites, I appreciate your comments and I am very happy that you felt the hotel was safe during your stay.
I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future
Hambleton, wv
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have had a room booked at this hotel for several months now, just called to change my reservation by one day and they will not honor the rate that was quoted to me initially as a matter of fact the rate has increased from $119/night to $249 per night. I'm sorry, I have stayed in several $300 a night hotels traveling on business and this is NOT one. This is called price gouging in it's finest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim B
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Kim B,

Thank you for taking the time to write and I appreciate your comments, please understand that when you reserve a rate months in advance and then change that reservation at the last moment it is not unusual that room type and rate availability would have changed. Often special rates may be available 30 or 60 days in advance that are not available for last minute reservations and I believe that is what happened to your reservation.

I feel it is important to mention that if you had not changed your reservation we would most certainly have honored the rate you originally booked.

Thanks again
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed in the Embassy Suites Charleston on business and had a excellent experience. The hotel building was nice and so was my room. The best part of my experience was the courteous staff and the flexibility of the manager who was able to accommodate a unique situation that I had.

I dont think I will ever stay anywhere else when I am in Charleston.

Thanks!

Dear Content Bus Traveler,

Thank you for your kind comments and I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your experience. I hope that we shall have the pleasure of hosting you again if your travels return you to the Charleston area.
Regards
Fairmont, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our suite was clean and inviting. I didn't like the shower because it seemed awkward to have to step in to turn on the water. I prefer a tub/shower combination. Hard to sleep--pretty noisy above us. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Zebra71,

Thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your experience here at the hotel. I am sorry about the design of the shower and want to let you know that rooms with 2 double beds do still offer the tub and shower combination but all our kings now have just the shower. I am sorry about the noise from the guests above but thanks also for the positive about the breakfast, it’s always a hit.
I hope we will see you again in the future
Thanks Again
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

This Charleston hotel is nearly constantly booked--and should be! Embassy Suites has a winning combination with superb rooms, nice staff, dependably pleasing breakfast and indoor pool. Drawbacks to this property were expensive parking ($12/day) and too many pool chemicals (leaving my spouse and kids red in the eyes for more than a day after checking out).

Dear imac4444
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. I am glad your stay was pleasant and I will look into the pool chemical situation causing the red eyes to make sure our chemicals levels are correctly set.
I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again on future trips to Charleston.
Springdale, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I had to be in Charleston for business so I chose the Embassy Suites. While the hotel is nice enough and the room was clean, the hotel nickel and dimed you to death. It was $12 a day for parking and they simply added it to your bill, whether or not you actually parked on premises. I did park their on night one of my stay and agreed to the $12 charge but did not park on site for night 2 and still found the second $12 charge on my bill. A call to the front desk got it quickly reversed but I shouldn't have had to jump through these hoops. After checkout I also noted a $3 charge for a bottle of water on my bill. While I did see the bottle in my room near the mini fridge, I never even touched it so once again, it took a call to the hotel and 5 days after the charge first appeared for it to disappear.

All of the rooms are exterior rooms with an open indoor center courtyard. I had a two room corner suite and it picked up alot of road noise from the downtown streets 5 floors below. The interior hallways were also quite noisy with a group of college golfers staying at the property who were not policed and controlled very well so the ability to get a quiet night of sleep was not there. The room itself was clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were horrible, nothing more than small feathers pillows that provided no support and even though there were 5 or six in the room, not comfortable at all. I could find no option for any other type of pillow.

There is a manager's reception every evening in the lobby with free snacks and bar but if you want something more substantial you might venture in to the sports bar. The food was quick, hot, and tasty but a cheeseburger, onion rings, and a bottle of Bud Light came to nearly $21 BEFORE tip. For breakfast a complimentary hot breakfast is included and served in the lobby area. There is a chef on duty to provide made to order omelets but outside of that everything else is on a buffet line. The scrambled eggs were cold and rubbery. The breakfast meats were deep fried and relatively cool. The sausage gravy tasted like cold raw floured milk. There was no seasoning and a really poor attempt. The fruit seemed a day or two past it prime.

All in all I can't envision a reason I would stay here again if other options had vacancies.

1 Thank Numburz
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Numberz,

Thanks for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the hotel. I am very sorry for the billing errors but also pleased that we corrected the problem when it was brought to our attention. The Embassy Suites works hard to meet the needs of all our guests and I am sorry that some of the breakfast items were not to your liking.
We will use your comments to improve our operations and I hope that if your travels return you to the area that you will again consider the Embassy Suites for your stay.