Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
$47
Red Roof
Good 3.5/5
1,096 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree drinksmade to order breakfastacross the streetmanagers receptionparking garagecorner roomliving roomomeletper dayexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastbusiness centerbusiness tripshuttle servicevery nice hotelfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed here July 28, 2011-July 31, 2011. When I checked in they upgraded me (w/o me asking) to a corner room suite. It was VERY large. Check-in experience was excellent. Very fast, friendly, and efficient. They had 3 separate check in desks so that process worked smoothly for everyone. The corner room ste had a huge livingroom area with chair, couch, end tables, table & chairs for eating, big TV, Wet bar area w/refrig, micro, sink. The frig was nice but desparately needed the little freezer defrosted. Bathroom was nice size..curved shower rod..wasn't real fond of the shower head..not the high power kind as in other hotels but OK. Tub was a little grungy around the edges & corners and there was hair in the corners of the bathroom but overall it was surface clean. Bedroom area was very large with alot of room for people & luggage. Beds were comfortable and room temp pleasant. Pool area was very nice but there were so many people in it each evening that the noise was deafening so we did not utilize the pool but one night. Now....Breakfast...that's another story. VERY NICE buffet breakfast and a made-to-order egg/omelet bar that was run very smoothly and efficiently. The buffet had scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, fresh fruit, homemade biscuits & sausage gravy, and some other items maybe oatmeal, cream of wheat ? Nice selections of breads, pastries, and drinks. Huge area in the lobby/atrium with plenty of tables to sit and eat. Food was all very good and fresh and good temperature. The lobby area is gorgeous at this hotel..open all the way to the top. Lots of plants, greenery, waterfalls with fish, and areas to sit & relax. I absolutely loved this hotel and can't wait to return to Charleston to stay here again. My son got food from the restaurant in the lobby and was pleased with it for quality and price. Just two Cons: parking is inconvenient (price was incl. in our rate) but it was difficult for taking luggage esp. on checkout. Parking lot was very small & crowded so coming out of the garage to just load luggage was not really a good option. So we all toted the stuff to the parking garage. The other con...do not walk around your room in your bare feet...the carpet needs some good deep cleaning! Overall.....A+++

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Lyn60
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Lyn60,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. I thank you for your kind words and constructive comments. We will use your feedback to improve our operations and your comments as "Top Notch" mean a great deal to me and the staff.
Mark Cherry

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Nice, newer hotel . The hotel had a nice pool , good workout facility and great lobby.
The staff was friendly (especially the bartender ). The sports bar in the hotel is nice but the food is just ok. Parking next door is incovenient and was not told of the $10.00 charge.
The morning breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed here a number of time and I'm sure I'll be back. it is a nice place and good location and the staff is top notch.

My only grip is that they charge for wifi.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ajayhawkfan
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Nice quality stay. Comfortable, spacious, and no surprises. You've done it again Hilton, Embassy Suites are very nice. Only complaint I have is in the proximity of the parking to the hotel. It was pouring rain when I arrived, and having to park in a lot a block away is not fun when you have items to carry. The room was very nice, comfortable, clean and well equipped. I couldn't get the TV remote to work in the main living area of the room for some reason, but it was not worth calling about since I was tired and watched tv in the bedroom instead, but for future guests I was in room 819. Please check it for future users.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank gliddle1
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were running away from the hurricane that was going to hit the coast. We have not stayed her for about 6 years this was one of our favorite Embassy Suites but got a little pricey. We always told ourselves we will get back. The hurricane gave us a pretty good reason. We road all night we were not sure if a room would be ready, but was hoping that it would be. When my husband checked us in the man said the room was ready and we could enjoy the full cook to order breakfast. We were so happy we had my husband's parents with us and they had to take medicine it was right on time they was bone tired from the 6 hour ride. The employees were very friendly. I go to school and had to finish my school work online. I had to pay for the Wi-Fi. No problem I knew that from the start. I had problems with getting online. I called the front desk the young lady said hold on she come back on the phone with a code for complimentary Wi-Fi. The cook staff from breakfast was great smiling and friendly. I will not wait 6 more years before I come back again. I am planning a trip in October.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family