We stayed in a corner room for one night. I highly recommend the corner room as it is much larger and off the main traffic pattern. We used the pool, which was heavily chlorinated, had some hair in the shower, and had really small towels. We did not use the fitness room, but it appeared to have several aerobic machines.
We ordered rom service which had a great menu, and everything we ordered was delicious. The breakfast was great as always, but a little different at this Embassy. They made the pancakes to order as well, and the hashbrowns and bacon are kept behind the counter of the omlette station. This made for a line, plus you weren't sure what they had available.
The pull out bed has to be the most cushioned and comfortable one I have ever used. The room had wifi, but for $10 a day so we didn't use it. We parked in the front of the hotel, and that actually cost us $10.00, which we were not informed of in advance. I have parked in garages for a charge, but never have I been charged to park in front of the hotel. They didn't ask if we had a car, so perhaps the charge goes on the bill regardless. There was a refrigerator in the room, though the freezer was almost completely frosted in. The TV was nice with a lot of channels.
There were pizza boxes lining the hallways around 5 PM when we checked in, and they were still there by about 7 PM. The next morning they were gone and new pizza boxes lined the hallways. The floors in the hallways needed a vacuum. The table surfaces in the room had sticky residue of some kind. Various glass surfaces throughout the hotel were smudged and dirty. We didn't think that was typical of an Embassy.
I went out to the car around 2 AM at which time no one was working in the lobby and the hotel doors were unlocked. I suppose the area must be safe, but I thought that was a little lax.
Overall, this was a nice hotel as Embassy Suites usually are, but the cleaning crew probably needs a pep talk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Charleston is centrally located in Charleston, WV close to many local restaurants, shopping and more. Enjoy a meal at the onsite restaurant, the Athletic Club Bar and Grill, or visit one of Charleston’s many restaurants. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary manager's reception, held daily each evening. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Featured amenities include a business center, indoor pool and spa tub, WiFi (surcharge), express check-out, multilingual staff and more. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary during limited hours. Parking (subject to charges) is conveniently located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites