“A piece of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Charles Town B&B and Inns
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“A piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My husband and I are both retired so we often take long drives and enjoy staying at different Bed & Breakfasts and Inns. The Hillbrook Inn has become one of our most favorite places to visit. There are so many wonderful things I can say about the Hillbrook Inn. This is a Romantic hideaway with a touch of class. The rooms were exceptionally clean, beautifully decorated and warm and cozy. Our favorite is the Fall cottage with a king bed and huge bathroom. The Inn is perfect for a quiet weekend getaway. We often just sat outside and enjoyed a cocktail with the peace and tranquility of the grounds. Although the breakfast was exquisitely prepared and delightful you would be remiss if you did not have dinner at the Inn. The dinner consists of 5 courses with a different and specially selected wine for each course. This was an elegant dining experience with food prepared to perfection. The innkeeper and staff are just so helpful and ready to serve. Also, we like to spend a night or two in Charles Town and "contribute" to the local economy through the nearby casino/racetrack. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
It is a pleasure to share Hillbrook with our guests and we are pleased to hear that you had a relaxing experience during your visit. It really means the world to the staff when a guest notices each and every aspect of the Inn…because every part of Hillbrook is important to us. Your business is deeply appreciated and look forward to future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Ceciltucky, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Excellent B&B. Great food. Featured in the April 3, 2010 issue of Stride Magazine. Excellent photos. http://issuu.com/stridemagonline/docs/stride3

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hillbrook, Innkeeper/ Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments, it is deeply appreciated. We work really hard on making Hillbrook special for our guests and enjoy hearing all types of feedback. And for those of you that love horses and racing...you really want to check out this magazine. They do a beautiful spread for their readers to enjoy!
Columbus, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

The Hillbrook Inn is one of my favorite places on Earth! My wife and I chose to get married there. The food was incredible, The atmosphere, relaxing, charming and cozy, and the staff are like good friends! In my fantasy world, I win the lottery and buy the Hillbrook for my summer home and keep everyone on staff to spoil me rotten! Serously though, its a wonderful place to escape to, you wont be disapointed.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aarone1972
Hillbrook, Owner/ Innkeeper at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2010
Thank you for your kind words! It is wonderful to share Hillbrook with our guests and appreciate it when they love it as much as we do! We look forward to seeing you in the future!
md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Hillbrook is such a lovely location, we can't wait to return! We stayed in the Snuggery room, which was a small room, but for a one night stay was more than adequate. We also had the 7 course dinner that they offered and this was just delicious and a wonderful treat.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank withhh
We are happy that we were able to share an anniversary with you both! It is truly an honor when guests choose Hillbrook and appreciate the time you spent at Hillbrook.
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Have stayed here a few times and I always enjoyed my stay. I usually do one of the deals like the procrastinator. I prefer one of the rooms in the cottage building. The rooms are very large and have a small refrigerator/microwave/coffee maker. I love to walk around the grounds and wander through the common rooms of the inn. It's a very unique place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank GEOCacher
Hillbrook, Innkeeper/ Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
It is a pleasure to share the Hillbrook Inn with our guests and are glad to hear you enjoyed the grounds and main house. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to see you in the future.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

From the outside, the hotel is the most charming looking place, as is it from inside the main establishment. However, we unwittingley reserved a room in a satellite building. This wasn't really a big deal though because the room was large and we were very happy with the fireplace and jacuzzi.

We also signed up for dinner which was admittedly very tasty. The only thing that got to me was they invited us to "join them for a pre-dinner drink" so we had a drink or two and received a hefty charge for them when we went to check out. I found that strange considering all the wine you could drink was included with dinner.

The facility itself was very large and includes extensive hiking grounds. Its a great retreat for couples or others. I don't have any specific complaints about my stay, in fact it was quite lovely, I'm just not sure the price matched my experience.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank lesrion99
Thank you for your review! I wanted to say I apologize for my staff not informing you that drinks are additional before dinner. They are trained to tell guests that the meal does include wine, if you would like to join us for a cocktail before dinner you are more than welcome, but it is additional cost. We do appreciate your business and hope you will return to Hillbrook in the future.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

My sister and I and our two children stayed here to break up our trip home from vacation. We called late, at about 9 p.m. and they were able to cheerfully accommodate us. Although we missed the dinner, we were provided with the most amazing cookies ever. The setting was peaceful and we saw two fawns as we drove onto the property. We were thrilled with the house, which was beautifully constructed and full of character. The room was pristine and the bed was truly one of the more comfortable ones I've slept in in a while. The next morning we walked around the beautiful grounds and checked out the chess board, hammocks, swing and horseshoes. The breakfast was delicious--although our kids did not care for the pecan pancakes. I would definitely come back, especially so that I can try the dinner. It would be a great place to go with a few couples.

Stayed August 2007
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry the kids did not enjoy the pecan pancakes...I can understand though. We do look forward to your future visits and welcome the opportunity to create a child friendly menu for the children if they return with you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charles Town
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
4.0 of 5 stars 235 reviews

Been to Hillbrook Inn? Share your experiences!