Hillbrook Inn
$139
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

Motel 6 Charles Town(Charles Town)
$70
$65
  • Breakfast included
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Charles Town)(Great Value!)
$76
Priceline
$155
Orbitz.com
$159
Home2.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$110
$101
HIExpress.com
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry(Harpers Ferry)(Great Value!)
$112
$97
ClarionHotels
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

Quality Inn(Harpers Ferry)(Great Value!)
$87
Quality Inn & Suites(Kearneysville)
$77
QualityInn
All reviewsthe main housewinter cottagethe cottagesmy husband and icourse mealwine pairingserenity suitefilet mignonbeautiful groundsget awaydining roomnext morningcouples massageromantic getawayfire pitsunset suitewelcome drink
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My fiance (now my wife) and I decided to elope for our wedding. We found the Hillbrook Inn through bestplacestoelope.com. After checking it out online, we decided to give it a shot. We could not have been happier with our choice! Everyone was so friendly and eager to please, and they were instrumental in our wedding going perfectly. The Inn provided the officiant (who was great), a beautiful bouquet and corsage, a wonderful cake, and a bottle of champagne. They also recommended a fantastic photographer, and a fantastic place for my wife to have her hair and makeup done. After the ceremony and pictures, we were treated with some delectable hors d'oeuvres and champagne. We were then served a five course dinner. Every course was so delicious, but my favorite courses were the pumpkin soup and the filet mignon. My wife, who doesn't eat red meat, ate "the best chicken she ever had."

While I'm on food, the breakfasts are worthy of their own rave review. Every breakfast was delicous, and the coffee and juices were always fresh. Every breakfast was a fantastic way to start the day. My favorite breakfast was the grilled peaches followed by homemade french toast--so good.

The accommodations were so charming. We stayed in the Serenity suite (which is above the spa in the gatehouse), and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room had a king-sized bed, an electric fireplace, a shower with two heads, a sauna, an iPad, free WiFi, and DirecTV. There was also a mini-fridge, a wine chiller, and a microwave. The room was very clean and quiet. In the main house, the dining room was small but pleasant, the tavern was a nice area to kick back, and the library made for a great place to wait while I was waiting to get married. The grounds were well kept, and on the cool, crisp mornings we really enjoyed the walk from the gatehouse to the main house.

In closing, if you're looking for a place to elope, or even a weekend getaway, I couldn't recommend this place strongly enough. They bent over backwards to make sure everything went perfectly on our day. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We only stayed in the Serenity suite and loved every night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg O
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

It was truly an honor to share your special day with you both! A truly beautiful bride and handsome groom inside and out… Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a special occasion in your life and for all your kind words. I am so happy that you were able to find us on-line and that we were with you every step of the way in planning your elopement at Hillbrook Inn. I truly wish you a lifetime filled with love, laughter and happiness. Best wishes today and always. We look forward to celebrating life with you in the years to come.
Sincerely, Carissa Zanella

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here to celebrate my husband's birthday. The Inn is beautiful, decorated with great taste and very comfortable. The grounds are lovely and the setting is romantic and relaxing. Unfortunately the staff lacks the level of professional hospitality service that one would expect at such a elegant setting. The staff worked hard but didn't have the level of professionalism of a fine restaurant and Inn. The breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room. The table settings were very pretty but the food did not always arrive hot. It was difficult to get adequate coffee refills because they had to keep making more coffee. Again, the service was incongruent for such a lovely Inn. Not the fault of those working - but whoever is in charge needs to train staff and have attention to detail. Also, despite the Inn dating back to the mid 1800's we could find no history of the house anywhere in the Inn. All the staff could tell us was that it use to be a private house and the man who built it died shortly after it was built. Beautiful setting for weddings and photos.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Manager at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear HauntedTraveler100:
Thank you for coming to the Hillbrook Inn to celebrate your husband’s birthday. I appreciate that you think the inn is beautiful and comfortable. I am sorry to hear about your feelings about my staff, and will be happy to discuss this post with them. As for training and attention to detail, I will address this in our weekly staff meeting.
Although we have the history posted on the iPads in the rooms, I will work on putting some items together for throughout the Inn again. We typically have cards out for guests to grab as well, but with the busy season upon us I am sure the guests have taken them to enjoy! I will make sure it is replenished, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. You have given me some fantastic ideas to address the history to our guests.
So, thank you for your comments, because it only makes us better. A positive always comes from every experience as we learn and grow. We are sorry that you were disappointed in the visit and would love an opportunity to make it right for you. Please contact us if you choose.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I loved it! So beautiful and peaceful. I was only able to stay one night and it was raining so I wasn't able to enjoy the gorgeous grounds. However, I did get an incredibly relaxing facial in the spa and then soak in the claw-foot bath tub in my cozy room, The Lookout. The owner was very kind and accommodating. Extras such as cookies left for me in the room and a robe and slippers made the stay even more special. And what a wonderful idea to have an I-Pad in every room. I watched TV on it, listened to music, and then used it to get driving directions to my conference the following day.
I hope to bring my husband and come back for a longer stay in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for loving Hillbrook! I am glad to hear that you had a peaceful experience and that you found the room to be cozy. It is nice to share the inn with our guests and look forward to sharing it with your husband in the future as well.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I spent a night here through a package on Living Social. From start to finish, the staff and the surroundings at Hillbrook are just perfect. Their staff contacted me to ensure that our spa and dinner times were to our liking, the Inn is gorgeous, the room was romantic, the dinner was outstanding, the drinks on the patio were refreshing, the massages were heavenly, and the breakfast was ridiculously good. We meandered about and relaxed in one of the hammocks under a gorgeous tree and recharged our batteries on a much needed and perfect weekend. I kind of want to keep this little gem to myself since it's so close to DC, but they deserve to have everyone know how great they are.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Yes, we agree we are the “best kept secret in Charles Town”. Thank you for enjoying our property with us and for “sharing us”. We enjoy the time we spend with our guests and appreciate that you think of us as a little gem. We do look forward to seeing you in the future and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was our 2nd time coming to Hillbrook--I just love this place! Stayed in the Bamford Suite and was impressed again by the attention taken to the cleanliness of the room, the linens and towels are so nice--you will feel pampered! Got a beautiful pedicure at the spa from Becky--she was great! Thank you Carissa for this wonderful getaway spot that we love. We drive from Baltimore so it is still close enough yet we know we are truly away with the beautiful home, grounds, etc. We will be back!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We always love to see “Hillbrook Friends”. We enjoyed visiting with you both and are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the spa as well this visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!