“A little piece of Heaven....”
Review of Hillbrook Inn

Hillbrook Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Charles Town B&B and Inns
Ellicott City
“A little piece of Heaven....”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Carissa is an amazing hostess! Everything was taken care of for us; room was spectacular --- everything the website showed and more! Christine in the kitchen did an amazing job with our 3-course dinner - including coming out to the dining room afterwards. It was the perfect weekend getaway where we didn't have to do anything except relax and enjoy the beautiful inn and each other!

HBInn, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Tim B,
It was a pleasure to share the Hillbrook with you and your wife. I am happy to hear that your wife was able to take advantage of the spa while visiting and you were able to get to read. Hillbrook is a special place to us and anytime we can create a relaxing atmosphere for guests, we feel we have accomplished something great. Thank you for being our guest!
Sincerely, Carissa Zanella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed in the main house and enjoyed a stress-free stay. My wife enjoyed both a pedicure and a massage, while I spent time catching up on my reading. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was very good. The rooms were comfortable and spacious, and we would recommend it to others.

Nottingham, Maryland
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I celebrated 36 years of marriage and just wanted to relax and be pampered. We really enjoyed the Winter Cottage and the king size bed. Beautiful grounds and the main house was nicely decorated with comfortable chairs and sofas throughout. The staff was very friendly and treated you like you were family. Hats off to the Chef, the 5 course meal was delicious. The candlelight and fireplace in the dining room made it very romantic and comfortable. The history of Hillbrook is very interesting. Please put together a historical review for your guests to read and take with them to share with others. The only thing missing was wood fireplaces in the cottage, gas just seemed out of place. We will highly recommend your B&B to others.

Room Tip: You have to take a room at the cottage for a king size bed but I like the rooms in the main house b...
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
It was an honor to celebrate your 36th wedding anniversary with you both! We are happy to hear that you were not only able to enjoy the cottages, but that you ventured over to the main house to enjoy what we have to offer there as well! I will let the Chef know that you were happy with everything during dinner as well! As for the history, yes it is very interesting and enjoyable to hear and share with guests. Currently we are working on something to place on the I-pads in the rooms for guests to read on the history of the Inn and property. In addition, I will get with my marketing manager and put something together for guests to take home with them as well. As for the fireplaces, yes we love the wood burning too; we do offer a wood burning fireplace in the Bamford Suite. If you enjoy the ambiance of the main house, this room just might be a good fit for your next visit. Guests are always able to enjoy the wood burning fireplaces in the Living room as well.

I deeply appreciate your feedback! It is wonderful and helpful to hear what guests have to say and look forward to future visits with you both!

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for two nights for a much needed break in our routines. It was quite and relaxing. The grounds are beautifully kept. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast each morning was delicious. One of the best B&B's we've ever stayed at.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann F:

I am glad to hear that you were able to get escape the hectic lives we sometimes lead, it is often needed! Hillbrook offers such a serene atmosphere and we are happy to share it with guests. We are lucky enough to enjoy it every day and it is an honor when someone is here to share it with us! We are ecstatic to hear that we are “one of the best B&B’s you ever stayed at!” That truly means the world to all of us at Hillbrook Inn!

Derwood, Maryland
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My wife and I decided to get away for a night to celebrate out 17th wedding anniversary. We were greeted at the door like long lost friends. Jeff poured us a glass of wine and then we took a tour of the place. After settling in to our room, my wife went to get a 1 hour massage in the separate spa facility on the grounds. As she was getting a massage, Jeff came to our room and built a fire in our woodburning fireplace. After that we had a intimate dinner.It was just the two of us and we were seated directly in front of the fireplace. The food and service was 5 star. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a special night away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff H
Dear Jeff H:

Thank you for choosing Hillbrook to celebrate your 17th anniversary. It is wonderful to know you felt right at home. I am also glad to hear that the staff was able to accommodate you and your wife and you were able to truly escape!

Most of all I am happy to hear that we created a romantic backdrop to celebrate such an important day! It was an honor to share our Inn with you and look forward to future visits with you both.

Bronx, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My boyfriend brought me here for my birthday as a surprise and cannot rave enough about Hillbrook Inn! It was absolutely perfect! The ground were so beautifully manicured and the perfect setting for a relaxing weekend. We stood in one of the cottages (definitely the way to go) and it included a comfortable and relaxing room, sitting area, fire place, iPad 2, coffee, Jacuzzi tub and private porch. We not only had a great time there but in the surrounding area. We visited the Summit Point Raceway and went racing in some speedy go karts as well as visited the Hollywood Casino. The food at Hillbrook Inn was absolutely wonderful and the staff at Hillbrook were very friendly and met all of our needs. I truly couldn't have asked for a more wonderful Birthday.

Room Tip: The Cottages are perfect for people looking for privacy, specifically the Spring Cottage because it...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
I am glad to hear the birthday surprise was a success and you enjoyed the private Spring Cottage! Your boyfriend did a wonderful job and appreciate that you enjoyed Hillbrook and all we have to offer. In addition, I am glad to hear that you both explored the area and were able to experience some of the fun things Charles Town has to offer.

Both the Summit Point Speedway and Charles Town Races and Slots can be wonderful places to visit during your stay. On your next visit if we can direct you to more fun things to do such as, kayaking, tubing, zip line or even horseback riding please let us know. We would be happy to assist you both! We enjoy not only sharing the Inn with you but helping you to create a full experience during your visit.

Happy Birthday! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Quantico, Virginia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Fall Cottage for our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. Cottage is definitely the way to go. We had some problems getting the jets to work in the hot tub but other than that the stay was great. Breakfast was fantastic. Beautiful grounds. Would recommend this to a friend and would definitely go back for another stay.

Make sure to plan ahead for dinner though as the chef needs sufficient notice to include you in the evening dinner. If you do not want to participate, still plan ahead since you are 4 miles outside of town and there are no other options.

Room Tip: Spring for the cottage!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Luis P:
It was a pleasure to share the Fall Cottage with you! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your second anniversary together at Hillbrook. I am sorry to hear that you had some problems with the jets in the tub. As soon as we heard about this problem it was checked and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience it caused you during your stay. Please advise us of the problem when booking next reservation, so we can make it up to you!

As for dinner reservations, yes we do need notice for dining at Hillbrook because we want the experience to be as delightful as possible for you. We utilize your dietary needs, restrictions and dislikes to create a menu around everyone in the dining room that evening. It is very popular and requires a reservation. I am sorry if we were not able to accommodate you both during your stay, but would love to have you in the dining room on your next visit.

If you need us to make you dining reservations locally we can also do so. We have a few restaurants locally, and some within 20 miles that are worth the drive. If you need assistance in making reservations or need a recommendation in the future, please let us know and we would be happy to assist.

We appreciate your business and enjoyed your stay! We are also looking forward to visiting with you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charles Town
The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Charles Town

Been to Hillbrook Inn? Share your experiences!