“Delicious Food. many items to choose from Menu!”

Mountain View Diner
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Full range Diner Menu.Award winning breakfast served open til close everyday. Everything is Homemade from scratch on the premises. All homemade desserts including our famous cheesecake. 8oz burgers made from freshly gound beef daily. We can accommodate groups of up to 100 guests
NY
“Delicious Food. many items to choose from Menu!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This restaurant was fantastic! The menu had me wanting almost everything on it! I selected Greek Sampler, which included 5 different meals (smaller servings of course)! I was shocked, seeing how beautiful the food looked, as well as tasted! The Pasticio and Mousakka was to die for, had other samplings which was just a delight! Of course had to get a doggie bag, but WOW!
We also had the stuffed mushrooms as appetizer, the mushrooms not too big, but stuffing was crabmeat, which was as big as a small crabcake! Hubby had the Prime Rib, and son had the Souvalki! All was excellent!
Now, mind you, this is not all Greek, the menu is expanded to include Hamburgers, Italian, Pork Chops, Wraps, and so much more, I cannot remember!
If you want a Fantastic meal, at a great price, check this place out!!!! Our waitress was a sweetheart too I also stopped by to say hi to the cook, to let him know how good his greek cooking was!!! If you stop in, enjoy meal, let the cook know how much you like it, they love to hear that they are doing a great job!

• Visited May 2014

Virginia
“Absolutely Horrible”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I occasionally go to the Casino in Charlestown and really wanted to love this place. It was awful! Started with Chicken Lemon Soup. It was as thick as wallpaper paste and had been burned in the oan. We sent it back and got dinner salads. Salads were ok. I got a broiled tuna steak that was so overcooked and dry that I literally could not finish it. The baked potato had been cooked much earlier in the day and either re-heated or left in the oven. The skin -- which I always eat -- was petrified. My husband's turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy were ok, but the green beans were terrible and cold. We are huge fans of diners and have a favorite that we always stop at on the way to and from Atlantic City. The Mountain View Diner will not get another visit from us.

1 Thank SXMIslandGal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife to try it out. We got sat near the kitchen where we thought the staff was having a battle with the dishes very noisy. Asked to be moved to another table and the wait staff was lost for a solution. Our food came out disgusting homemade potato chips were more like poker chips. The kosher sub terrible only had pastrami no corned beef and was cold. TERRIBLE

1 Thank MARK D
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Very Good”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have ate here in the past and was dis-pleased with the food, service, and atmosphere.
However they have totally re-done the whole restaurant. New menu, good staff, and good food for the dollar. It is always a packed house here because of the Hollywood Casino across the street.
People would rather eat here rather than spend their money at the overpriced Casino.
I will say now that it is a very good buy and good food.

• Visited April 2014
Chantilly, Virginia
“Run Away! ”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Had a horrible experience with the Mountain View Diner on April 20, 2014. I will never go back again and recommend that all people should reconsider before you walk in their doors. A friend and I decided to stop by the Mountain View Diner. We were placed at a booth in the far end of the restaurant near the diner island stool section. First of all it was absolutely freezing. A very coarse waitress attended to us. She was rather rude and couldn't be bothered even though there was only another couple in the booth next to us.

We made orders and the waitress had disappeared. The area was still freezing, and spoke to a manager or hostess to reseat us. We were placed at a booth across the hostess/cashier station. The area was much warmer and comfortable. As we sat their waiting for our dinners, the hostess or manager was at the hostess station fixing her makeup and primping her hair for about 10 minutes in front of customers.

Finally the original waitress came be and slammed our plates in front of us and asked if we needed anything else. We asked for refills and I asked for several lemon slices for my dinner. She came back disgruntled gave us our refills and received a single slice of lemon in my drink. We never saw her again. Another waitress was kind enough to get more lemon for me.

As far as the food, it was horrible. I ordered fried flounder, baked potato, green beans, and a salad. My friend ordered chicken fried steak, baked potato, green beans, and a salad. All I can say the salads were the highlights of the dinner. You could tell the flounder was frozen and came out of a bag, the tartar sauce was yellow, the baked potatoes were warm but not cooked enough and hard. Lastly the green beans were horrible. Can easily tell you they came from a can and had been stewing all day. The green beans had no flavor.

It was overpriced and could have had a nicer experience with the Ruby Tuesday two streets down, Taco Bell across the street, or the 7-eleven dine and dash down the street.

One word - BEWARE!