“If you leave hungry, it's your own fault!”

Mountain View Diner
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Full range Diner Menu.Award winning breakfast served open til close everyday. Everything is Homemade from scratch on the premises. All homemade desserts including our famous cheesecake. 8oz burgers made from freshly gound beef daily. We can accommodate groups of up to 100 guests
Virginia
“If you leave hungry, it's your own fault!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good food with sizable portions. If you love breakfasts, this is the place to go. Ask for the sausage patty which is a little secret of the diner. Service is quick and they are just as friendly at 3am as they are at 3pm. Good food, good price. We eat there every time we are in town. Looking forward to the next time!

• Visited May 2013

Gettysburg PA
“Reasonably Priced Tasty Basic Fare”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I enjoy playing the slots at Hollywood Casino, but unless you're hungry enough to eat at the buffet, the food choices are less than inspiring. So, today we ate at the Mountain View Diner which is across the street. My husband had the sloppy joe lunch special that included a cup of beef noodle soup, a sizable house salad, a sloppy joe on a huge roll, french fries, and a pickle spear for $6.99. (No kidding.) He washed down what he ate, which was certainly not the entire meal, with a tart lemonade. I had a tuna fish wrap with a pickle spear and choice of soup or french fries. I took the cream of potato soup which didn't contain bacon or ham - finally! Also, I had two mugs of coffee. The meal was eaten in a dining room that looked like the picture of an advertising post card for a 1950's restaurant which is not a bad thing. When I'm not hungry enough for the buffet, Mountain View will be my diner of choice.

Virginia
“surprising menu”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Typical diner food with the bonus of several greek specials. I tried the chicken souvlacki and it was delicious!!! Prices were reasonable and the portions were large as was the menu. Service was good eventhough they were quite busy. I would eat here again on my next trip to Charles Town.

Clayton, North Carolina
“Lots of diner food.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Large servings of food with good service, Katie provided excellent service to our party. We were disappointed with the Yankee pot roast, But the fried porkchops in the country fried steak were good. The strawberry cheesecake was good overall we enjoyed our visit.

Met the expectations of a typical diner.

Oviedo, Florida
“Big diner! Big menu!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Both the building and the menu at this diner are oversized. You can order almost any cuisine from seafood, Italian, Greek, and good old American fare. Breakfast is served anytime, I think, and it all tastes good. The prices are more than reasonable and the portions are large. This is the place that puts the "comfort" in comfort food.