“What a hoot(ch)!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What a hoot(ch)!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Delicious, creative, fun, smooth, unique, wacky, fun, historic, sweet, melodious, happy, American, quality, friendly, addictive-ish :), fresh, hilarious, and did I say fun?! We will return as often as we can and sample as much as you'll let us! Love! Love! Love that new Ginger 'shine!

Visited July 2013
Rob L, Manager at Bloomery Plantation Distillery, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Our Visitors are so cool! We are very happy that you had a fun time and shared such a great review. We are proud to have so many wonderful new friends that tell other travels and friends about their visit up on our hill! 'shine it up!

Baltimore, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A fun stop!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Bloomery is pretty new, so I wasn't familiar with them, but I knew it was something my husband would enjoy for the upcoming birthday getaway I'd planned for him. I contacted them on facebook, and they replied promptly with friendly information on how everything worked.

We arrived just a few minutes before opening which was perfect. We began a tasting with some other visitors, and within minutes, the place was packed. 2 or 3 other tastings began within half an hour!

The staff is very young, fun, and well informed. They also provide a lemon costume for guests with birthdays (like my hubby!) which adds a fun touch to the day. The whole experience is casual and pressure free, and they provide tours upon request.

Like many destinations in WV, the property has its own history which staff is happy to share with you!

The shine is delicious and I love that they prepare without added colors, preservatives, etc. They grow lemons. ginger, and raspberries on site currently to use in their product.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for visiting and sharing such a great review! We are very appreciative of your business and so happy that you had a great visit with us up on our hill. We hope to see you again soon when in the area.
Chesnee, South Carolina, United States
“Cremma-licious!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Visited this past week with the Jensen East car group and had the best time ever!!! We tasted, laughed and sampled again. The owner and staff were very entertaining and gracious. We went home with only six because of the small car..lol. Will definitely visit again when we're in the area. A great place to go! Don't miss an opportunity when you have it!

Visited June 2013
Rob L, Manager at Bloomery Plantation Distillery, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
You cruisers in your vintage automobiles were the hit of the county. I mentioned to some folks this weekend how cool it was to have such a great group of people and equally interesting cars here, and I heard quite a few folks say that they saw the Jensens touring about our county. Thank you for making us a stop on your tour and hope to see you all again sometime ..up on our hill!
Reston, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Limoncello with pizzazz.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our second visit to the Bloomery. This time 10 of us embarked on this ambiant place with that has so much character and is pure fun. I guarantee that this tasting will be a completely different experience from any other tastings that you've ever had. Surprisingly there is quite a variety and Rob and company give you so many great ideas on ways to serve all the different flavors. If I could, I would give it seven stars and not just the five that are allowed here.

Visited May 2013
Rob L, Manager at Bloomery Plantation Distillery, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Glad you made us part of your outing. We especially love it when folks share us with friends! Thanks and y'all come back now ya hear!
Watertown, NY
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Chill on the Hill with history, hooch and hospitality!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were in Charles Town for a wedding and were advised to go to Bloomery. Wow!! So glad we did. Had a great time tasting their sweet shine. Their lemon cello is out of this world, I was so impressed. they do a fabulous job on the tastings...including gelato!! The gentleman who led the tastings was a fabulous historian on the property. I am from Northern NY and the owner has ties to NY, so that made it special for us as well. Great stories and great "shine". Bought 4 bottles!! All natural ingredients!! Very unique. You must go!! They are open Friday and Saturday only, but you can call and set up a tour. You can also tour the grounds which are beautiful.. It was raining so we didn't do that. Live entertainment in the evening as well.

Visited May 2013
Thanks for the visit, hope the SweetShine keeps you warm in the frozen tundra! Please stop in again when in the area, don't forget to bring some Genny!