“At the downstairs bar.reasonable price. good menu for a bar..”
Review of Turf Motel Rib Room - CLOSED

Turf Motel Rib Room
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: The Turf Motel and Rib Room has been serving some of America’s favorite dishes since 1955. Hence the name, Rib Room, the Turf has been well known and liked for its succulent Prime Rib, often titled “Area’s Best” with many consecutive year awards. Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, the Turf serves fresh hand-cut USDA Choice Beef, tender baby-back ribs, fresh pulled pork, homemade soups and salads, delicious appetizers and sandwiches as well as fantastic Daily Specials. Large Gatherings and private parties are welcome. Special late night menu is available in our lounge.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

crabcake sliders at a bar in West Virginia for 11 bucks???Who would think??! And they were good quality!!!(Helped also my husband won on their Glamour Kitty slot machine!!)Great Jukebox for the retro 80's crowd.Bootleg name and theme was fun.

There are newer reviews for Turf Motel Rib Room

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I went to the Rib Room while we were in Charles Town WV. It is a small restaurant attached to a older hotel. There are not many places to eat in this small town other than fast food. The overall decor could use an update but then it would be out of place attached to this old hotel. We went on a Saturday night around 7:00 PM and the place was about 25% full. We decided to both try one of the "specials." Prime Rib with Crab Cake with baked potato and side salad for $22.00. I love seafood and I have had different types of crab dishes and crab cakes all over the world. I also grew up in Virginia Beach and I live close to Maryland currently. I tell you this background to give you an idea of my experience with seafood. The crab cake was one of the best crab cakes I have EVER eaten. It was fresh, with little fill, large backfin lump crab meat and most importantly it was seasoned to perfection. My salad was small but the "home made" blue cheese dressing was very very good. The baked potato was cooked to perfection. I ordered my prime rib as medium rare and I did not like it. I did not feel it was seasoned. My husband and I both ate everything else and took the prime rib home to cook for lunch the next day. We also ordered deserts. The peanut butter pie and the apple dumpling were both very fresh and tasty. I will go back to this restaurant again and order these crab cakes...and maybe a few to go!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Have been here before and have never been disappointed! This time my wife and I shared the Onion Ring Appetizer, very, very good! I had the Baked Crab Imperial (Old Bay seasoned, of course) with Baked Potato and Sautéed Mushrooms and it was all just great! My wife had her usual BBQ Chicken. The Dining Room is a bit old fashioned in design, but the food is well worth the visit if you're in the area!

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been a number of times. A few times it was okay, at least once they had a sign outside stating they had ribs (why that's special for a place called the Rib Room, who knows) when I asked they were "out". The last time we went Oct 5, 2013, the service was not genuine, the waitress acted almost as if it was an inconvenience for us to be there. The person seating folks sat people right next to us, so that there would be no way to not hear their conversation and any unwanted table manners were magnified. I'm not a picky diner, but when I read the description of the crispy fish I was expecting something completely different than what I received. Okay so I ate what I could it was mostly crispy and very little fish. My dinner mates had similar experiences with one asking for a different dish because of undercooked chicken. We will not be returning to this restaurant and I hope we can save someone from wasting their time and money.

1  Thank Ashpetro
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed two nights in Charles Town and ate the 2nd night at the Turf Rib Room. We had a special they offered which was a prime rib with caramalized onions and mushrooms withe usual baked potato and salad. It was excellent and large enough that my wife could not finish all of hers. Also had an onion ring appetizer that was excellent. I recommend it over the high price restaurants in the casino.

1  Thank Ken T