New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #28 of 57 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Turf Motel and Rib Room has been serving some of America’s favorite dishes since 1955. Hence the name, Rib Room, the Turf has been well known and liked for its succulent Prime Rib, often titled “Area’s Best” with many consecutive year awards. Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, the Turf serves fresh hand-cut USDA Choice Beef, tender baby-back ribs, fresh pulled pork, homemade soups and salads, delicious appetizers and sandwiches as well as fantastic Daily Specials. Large Gatherings and private parties are welcome. Special late night menu is available in our lounge.
Portland Tn
“Good old fashioned restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in Charles Town and ate the 2nd night at the Turf Rib Room. We had a special they offered which was a prime rib with caramalized onions and mushrooms withe usual baked potato and salad. It was excellent and large enough that my wife could not finish all of hers. Also had an onion ring appetizer that was excellent. I recommend it over the high price restaurants in the casino.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ken T

Charles Town, WV
“Unincredible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Three of us went for dinner. Two of us had been several years ago and the food was great and we've been once or twice a year since. Last year I went with four family members and some of the food was really good, other choices not bad. I have to think they've had at least a couple of new chefs and perhaps management since my first visit because our food was bad and terrible. I had a pre-dinner bourbon and ginger which was served in a very short glass without any ice - surprising since they have a full service bar. They had a limited appetizer selection, about six items, of which 3 at least were fried. We had the onion rings, the frozen and deep fried type, which were good, very hot and served with a dressing type dipping sauce. We all had salad which was fresh, but my blue cheese dressing was obviously watered down. We each had one of the night's specials. My two friends had grouper and shrimp both of which were deep fried which hadn't been stated on the menu. The breading on the grouper was thick and overdone and one friend said it wasn't very good. I had chicken piccata - absolutely awful. The chicken was a large piece of meat (should be thin and often made as a scallopini) and tasted microwaved but was not completely done and was served only warm. Not breaded or floured and not done in a pan as piccata should be. The sauce was yellow, somewhat the color of a saffron dish, and without taste. I sent it back and got a pulled pork sandwich to go since my friends were almost done; it took a while to get the waitress back to our table to request an exchange. Definitely an unwanted memory of a meal which unfortunately became memorable in that it stayed with me through the night via an unhappy stomach. Obviously none of us had the prime rib or the barbequed ribs which I guess are house specials, but since our meals were supposedly that night's specials, I have to wonder if perhaps the special was in the price at which the items were bought by the restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bodealia
Clear Spring, Maryland, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I had dinner here, you have to try the Smokehouse burger, it was awesome. Fries were fresh and hot. They serve a killer Bloody Mary, one of the best I ever had. Our waitresses Mary was very sweet and efficient. Great hot food at a good price.

• Visited August 2013
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Great Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The service a little slow and if you want bread with your meal ask when ordering. Quiet and slow, so do not be in a hurry.

Visited May 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great food and staff! Had a fun time and can't wait to go back! Very accomodating with our large party!

Visited April 2013