“Nice wedding venue”

Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
More attraction details
Owner description: With nearly 5,000 slots, over 100 tables, live thoroughbred racing and 7 delicious dining options, the Hollywood treatment is yours for the taking.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were here for a wedding. Great venue overlooking the horse track. You could bet on the ponies right in the reception room. Dinner was fabulous. Shuttle back to the hotel, so no driving needed.

1  Thank rxmommy

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went to Charles Town Races (Hollywood Casino) on Saturday night and must say, compared to preview visits, their table minimums have come way down and are in reasonable land at least now. For the first year or so while offering tables, you couldn't find a table here under $25, ever. and sometimes it was $50-$100. (Much like Maryland Live! is now)

I'm guessing Maryland Live! opening has hit their business, and they have brought their minimums down to normalcy. On a Saturday night I had no problem finding $10-15 craps tables, and BJ was $15, which is reasonable for 11pm on Saturday night. (Comparable to Atlantic City)
The rules are still terrible (hits soft 17, 8 decks), craps on 2x odds, but at least the tables have become much more affordable.
I would still recommend Dover Downs (They offer $5 tables for everything, even on weekends and smoke free) over here, and Atlantic City/Borgata because that has more other things you can do spa/activities wise, but I would go back here now that things have settled down, and you can play off $300-400 for quite awhile.

1  Thank shawnr1
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Wonderful looking place, drive up to valet service was great and friendly...But when you walk in the main door you are greeted with cigarette smoke, smoke and smoke! Asked if the was another way to get into the non smoking area NO, not from the valet parking, asked about the restaurant area, not smoking but you have walk through or around the other side outdoor. Once in the restaurant Sky !!, it was great, Until you leave, back to smoke.

4  Thank William T
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Hollywood Casino in Charles Town is the happening spot to be any day of the week!!! Great service, great food, great employees!!!

1  Thank kittikat22
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have been going to Charles Town for a few years now, my wife and I really enjoy getting away for a night, playing some slots and just getting away from the grind. We use to be able to go here and play for quite a while on a couple hundred dollars. Can’t do that now. I don’t know if it is us or what, but the last couple of years we have dropped around $600 each time we went and were constantly trying to make the money last for a while, that really takes away from the enjoyment. We have decided that we are going to try a different place next time. Not sure it will be any better, but I have pretty much given up on Charles Town as a place you can play for a few hours on a small bank roll.

23  Thank NatsFan562