“What a Treat!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I found this place on a lark as I had just finished gambling at the casino and was looking for a place to watch the West Virginia football game. Once I saw the great big sycamores out front and then the building itself, I immediately had high hopes. Those hopes were not let down. I sat down at the front bar where Teal was my bartender. She was engaging and super friendly. She routinely checked up on me to make sure I had everything I needed. I liked that a lot. While I was there, I did order the shepherd's pie which was fantastic. Also, I'm not from around the area, so it was really cool to have all locals I met treat me kindly as well. Overall, I would highly recommend this place. Plus, there's rumored to be ghost that resides there--can't beat that! Next time I'm in Charles Town, I'm definitely going back.

1  Thank Jeffrey W

Reviewed October 7, 2017

Great lunch today with daughter and son in-law! Shepherds Pie was excellent as were the crab cakes (fried) and fish and chips! Best fried pickles we have ever had too! Whitny was our server and was also excellent! Great atmosphere in a neighborhood setting. Outside seating available out back. Great experience and we will be back!

1  Thank BDSWDC
Reviewed September 26, 2017

This was a fantastic place to eat!! Our first time there so we tried a number of different items! Wings done in Old Bay and pot -o-gold fritters (potatoes with bacon,cheese and chives) to die for!! Next came French Dip thinly sliced prime rib piled high topped with mozzarella cheese on French baguette with a side of au jus for dipping and last but not least Smoked Irish Pig sweet, slow hickory smoked, thinly sliced pork BBQ on a fresh potato roll! DO NOT MISS THIS LITTLE GEM IN CHARLES TOWN!!

1  Thank msokols
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Sunday early evening and perfect dinners chosen to share. Nice sized salads. Crab cakes grilled and chicken breasts with cheesy grits and beer, of course. Several different rooms and areas to sit and enjoy. Sports bar is loud and fun, front dining room quaint and believe there is outdoor, upstairs, area. Will return...

1  Thank GLMTraveler
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

About 30 of us. We had the back patio to ourselves on a Wednesday night. Friendly staff good food. Good atmosphere. I was pleasantly surprised when the bill came. I was expecting to pay ALOT more. It was so much less than I expected that I ended giving a 100% tip. I will definitely return for another Wednesday wing night when I'm back in town

1  Thank Bill C