“Food not so good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just had appetizers and beer and not too tasty for the price we paid. Won't go back.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Took my wife to Paddy's Irish Pub for a light dinner. We both chose to have appetizers for dinner. Wife had Irish nachos and I had jalapeno poppers. The nachos were made from fresh potato chips with meat, cheese, and a sort of pica de gallo. There was none of the spice you would get in a Mexican restaurant, but then that was probably by design. The potato chips were somewhat thick, but were tough. First time we ever had trouble chewing potatoes. My poppers were good, but not great. The peppers inside could have been cooked longer. I would rate the poppers a four out of five, and the nachos about one and a half out of five. Now for the best part! We had their carrot cake for dessert with a cup of coffee. Paddy's carrot cake is the best we have had in a long time. The cake made the trip worthwhile. And the coffee was good. Next time, we will just go to Paddy's for dessert and a cup of coffee.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have had great fish and chips 3 times here. I have had ok service here 3 times as well. I appreciate what they are trying to ad to Charles Town but I am not a fan of a bar fight environment. The "big room" needs some decorating work. Everyone has always been pleasant and I have had good luck with food. Please check on us a little more and bring a glass with the bottle of beer. Thank you!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Best fried fish in the area - ask for Ben as your waiter- you will not be disappointed, the facility is the site of the oldest residence in the original boundaries of Charles Town. Take your time, enjoy the atmosphere and the food!

1  Thank 1ghostlady
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Been here three times -- first time there was a bar fight, but the fish and chips more than made up for the disturbance. Second time, no fight, and fish and chips was as good as the first time --- literally a five star piece of fish. The most recent time --- this evening, was a nightmare -- a horribly done piece of fish with a very heavy batter, and the batter was dreadfully uncooked. Waitress couldn't comprehend our unhappiness, and we left the food pretty much untouched.