“Potentially nice contribution to Charles Town. Service just needs tweaking.”
Review of Paddy's

Paddy's
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have had great fish and chips 3 times here. I have had ok service here 3 times as well. I appreciate what they are trying to ad to Charles Town but I am not a fan of a bar fight environment. The "big room" needs some decorating work. Everyone has always been pleasant and I have had good luck with food. Please check on us a little more and bring a glass with the bottle of beer. Thank you!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Best fried fish in the area - ask for Ben as your waiter- you will not be disappointed, the facility is the site of the oldest residence in the original boundaries of Charles Town. Take your time, enjoy the atmosphere and the food!

1  Thank 1ghostlady
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Been here three times -- first time there was a bar fight, but the fish and chips more than made up for the disturbance. Second time, no fight, and fish and chips was as good as the first time --- literally a five star piece of fish. The most recent time --- this evening, was a nightmare -- a horribly done piece of fish with a very heavy batter, and the batter was dreadfully uncooked. Waitress couldn't comprehend our unhappiness, and we left the food pretty much untouched.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I am not a harsh person. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but this...this was shameful. I went here with my grandparents and my fiance expecting our meal to be taken with a grain of salt since this is a new place...but I was shocked and appalled by the quality of the food and the service. The menu was lacking- nachos and jalapeno poppers at an Irish Pub? Seriously? Even before that we were sat by the owners daughter who put my 74 year old grandparents UP STAIRS while they are both clearly shuffling and can't walk well. She also knew NOTHING about the menu. I gritted my teeth and accepted, again, that as a new place, the staff might not have been fully trained yet. Then came our food. Shepherds pie with a puddle of grease on top. Vegetables so salty that I couldn't eat them. Fish and chips that literally EXPELLED oil and had to be patted down with a napkin before thought of consumption. If I wanted that much cholesterol I'd eat spoonfuls of lard. I was honestly embarassed for Paddy's and couldn't stop apologizing to my grandparents for bringing them there. My fiance and I went to Dish afterwards for desert for fear of what Paddy's might have to offer. Much better choice!

I truly hope that this gets better with time. Please, change your menu and ad some authenticity and for the love of heaven, please train your servers! Charles Town could use some more nice places to eat other than the casino- we'd like to see your survive, but you won't see me back there again!

2  Thank SnarkyFoody
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was so happy to see a place like Paddys open up in Charles Town. We really needed it. However, after two visits, I would not recommend it. The service was unfriendly and slow. The food was OK, but it is over-priced. The Jamison chicken was 14 dollars! Only one tiny piece of chicken, a serving of mashed and a veggie. No salad or bread. For lunch I got the Irish Pig (pulled pork). The sandwich is almost 8 dollars, comes w/ chips and slaw. Fries are 2 dollars extra. The sandwich was served on a dinner bun which was smaller than my fist. It was about the size of a mini burger form Ruby Tuesdays. In the end, poor service, and way too pricey, especially for a pub.