“It's not just a Irish Pub,..It's a Gathering place!!!”
Review of Paddy's

Paddy's
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have tried everything on the menu(since they opened), except for the vegetarian burger(I like Meat). I enjoyed everything! I understand people can be frugal or judgemental. This restaurant had a "soft" opening on December 9th, they are working out the kinks(as any new business), PLEASE give them the chance they deserve!! Don't base your opinion on someone else's. From the Guiness beer battered Cod to the 16oz T-Bone, the perfect Reuben to the Paddy's Paddy.....you'll be impressed and satisfied!!

Date of visit: February 2012

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I love Paddy's. Its a local hangout and I enjoy the delicious food and speedy and accurate service. I am all for supporting private and locally owned business!

Date of visit: February 2012
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Paddy's is on an old house that used to house the Charles Washington Inn, followed by at least two attempts at moderately priced restaurants. All have failed. My wife and I visited last week for lunch, with high hopes.

I ordered a Reuben sandwich, which came with French fries. The sandwich was adequate, but the accompanying french fries were raw on the inside, something I don't recall *ever* experiencing. My wife ordered a cup of Paddy's "signature" version of French onion soup, with a side salad. She said the soup was pretty good, but spoiled for her because the bread on which the cheese was melted was not toasted first, so it became extremely soggy and unappetizing. The salad was mostly iceberg, and came with a disproportionately tiny cup of salad dressing. The most dismaying thing was that the salad clearly had been prepared some time before, because the entire salad was permeated with the taste and odor of long-cut onions.

While eating, we overhead the man at the next table tell the server that his hamburger was so salty as to be inedible. Since we were two of only four occupied tables at that time, this suggests a pretty poor batting average. The server was friendly and energetic, and seemed to take real interest in whether we liked our food, but judging from this sample the kitchen was letting her down repeatedly.

As I said, we had high hopes, and still wish them well, but they have got to get the kitchen straightened out if they hope to survive.

Date of visit: January 2012