“Disappointing Lunch”

Royalicious Bagel Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Charles Town
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Gettysburg PA
“Disappointing Lunch”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on our way to Hollywood Casino. Clearly, I'm going to be in the minority, but we both had disappointing lunches for entirely different reasons. I ordered the Tuna Salad Platter and I was told that they had just run out of tuna fish. Who ever heard of a deli running out of tuna fish? Then, I opted for the Egg Salad Platter and what arrived was three huge scoops of egg salad, three slices of tomato, and three slices of cumcumber sitting atop a copious amount of dry green lettuce with brown edges. And, I guess as a bonus, the center core from the lettuce was also included.

My husband had the Italian Hero. Basically, I picked the restaurant because of his constant complaint that since we moved to south central Pennsylvania from Philadelphia, he has not had a good deli sandwich. This sandwich was so large and stuffed, that when he took his first bite, all of the meat on one half slid out and hit the floor. And, yes, he was eating over the table. While eating the second half, I asked him to rate the sandwich and he said it was average. He also felt that you shouldn't have to worry about your sandwich falling apart while you eat it. When he popped the last piece in his mouth, he almost swallowed something sharp and pointy. No one was sure what it was but it resembled a piece of tooth pick. The counter person offered him a free hero on his next visit. Hmmm. The only reason that I don't give this restaurant a lower rating is because I didn't try the bagels or pasteries.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Terri K

Newark, DE
“Hoagies are excellent”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stopped here based on the reviews below and I'm glad we did. The hoagies were delicious and very filling. The bagels look amazing but didn't try them....maybe next time.

• Visited September 2013
Leesburg VA
“New Yorkers, this is your mecca!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Have not found a decent bakery, New York style, in the 18 years I have lived in VA. Until now.

Folks they are the real deal. Cannoli cake. Bakery cookies. Bagels. Whitefish salad. Napoleons. Italian bread. Yes, and it's all fabulous. Made by Long Islanders who know what they are doing, cause they did it on Long Island before they relocated to Charles Town!

Thank you Royalicious family for saving us from bakery doom!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank donnaks
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Awesome bagels”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I live not far from this wonderful place. Having their fresh made bagels for breakfast it an awesome treat. If anyone if ever visiting the area I highly recommend this place for breakfast. Also the sandwiches are worth every penny. You will not go away hungry.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank WVGirl1204
Ranson, West Virginia
“So good it's addictive!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Bagels and pastries are so good. Best thing there is the specialty cream cheeses.....delish! Very friendly staff too.

• Visited July 2013