“Ok if your in the neighborhood”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Jumbo Buffet - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Description: (304) 728-7668
west virginia
“Ok if your in the neighborhood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Jumbo Buffet is OK if your in the neighborhood and hungry enough to need a buffet but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. When they first opened the A.Y.C.E. weekend Seafood buffet was excellent and included crab legs. Since they stopped having crab legs no one seems to go there. We live about 3 miles away and drive past all the time, there is never a crowd here, even on a Friday and Saturday night there is only 10-15 cars. The food is decent but without a sizable crowd to keep the food rotated quality suffers.

• Visited April 2012

Arlington, Virginia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I am a regular to the Jumbo Buffet. It's a very clean and pleasant eating setting. The food is awesome.. I especially love the fact that you can get a to-go container if you dont' have time to dine in. I eat here at least 3xs a week.

• Visited March 2012
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
“Good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

I enjoy going to the buffet and it is one of the only places in Charlestown that has good ratings from the health dept. Price is cheap and the food is alright.

Visited January 2012
“Right place, wrong time ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

I was there after attending the Christmas 1864 program at Harper's Ferry NHP on 3 December 2011. This is an all you can eat Chinese buffet. They have other food like french fries and what looked like pizza for the younger set.

Good Chinese food. Also, they have Hershey's ice cream and a good assortment of deserts including peanut brittle. I did not know that was a Chinese favorite. I also saw something I will call, "Bloody Banana". It was some sort of Cherry flavored topping on a banana.

I asked the desk clerk at the hotel I was staying at, did he ever go there. Yes, about four times was the answer.

Well, then, why were there so few people there ... me, a party of two female friends and party of a husband and wife. I got there around 7 pm and after 9:00 PM when everyone else left until just before closing, 10 pm. NO ONE CAME IN. The location is good, it's off of Route 340, a major east-west road leading to a casino. It's in a large parking lot of a shopping center that has a Wal Mart Super Center. The day was the first Saturday of December, prime shopping time. You would think that people would be looking for some place to eat after getting some Christmas gifts.

They had four Hispanic cooks in the back of the house, four Chinese female servers and a Chinese husband and wife at the front of the house. The wait staff was very attentive. The cost was $10.95 for the buffet. $1.95 for all you can drink Sweet Tea, tasted very good. I left a 23 percent tip.

This used to be until around 2002, a Golden Corral restuarant when it moved out. The building was abandoned for a while before being taken over by Jumbo Buffet. I will return to this eatery.

While I did like it, they may want to see if Chef Gordon Ramsey will take on Chinese restuarants for improvement.

• Visited December 2011