“Should have consideration of guest situations.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I liked the hotel but was a little disappointed. When I made the reservations I explained to the lady that I was taking my 2 year old son with me and I politely asked her if I could have a suite which I know is a bigger room that the regular ones so my son could have a little bit of more room. When I got there I found out that they gave me a regular room. I was there for a training and I know some of the single guys got a suite without asking. Also, I wanted to rent another room for my sister because when I was there my son got sick and I wanted another room for my sister so she could stay and take care of my son in the morning and she get go to her own room after I got there from my training. The lady at the front desk didn't seem to care and never tried to help me with my situation. The Hotel is really nice but I think the people at the counter or taking reservations should consider each of their guest and their situations.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Alma G

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Located behind a strip mall near the casino and racetrack, the location is decent starting point to enjoy nearby Harper's Ferry. If bed and breakfast locations are booked, I would recommend this location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed for one night on our way to Virginia. We heard so much about the casino and the steak house that it seemed this was a great choice. Great bed, decent bathroom ( very clean)
nice breakfast...ample parking, nice front desk people so I can't say don't stay here. Stay here!

Room Tip: I requested a room that faced anything green. I felt facing the casino hotel wouldn't be as nic...
1  Thank Ricknite
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here while my spouse was in town for business. The hotel was clean and staff friendly. The breakfast had plenty of variety, and the hotel is within walking distance of a grocery store for anything else you might need. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to the casino and horse track near by. Hotel seemed pretty quiet in that I never really heard anyone else. There is a pool and also a laundry which was nice. My spouse has stayed there a few times and had no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The room was clean and loved the microwave and mini frig. We where staying at the hotel and visiting the casino for our Anniversary. Staff was friendly and fast check-in. Liked that they offered a shuttle back and forth from the casino. We did not use it b/c BF does not drink so no need to wait for a bus to take us back and forth. Was a quick 3 min drive to Casino back entrance. Room was very quiet. Pool was clean and warm. Breakfast was good typical hotel breakfast. Coffee was great and available most of the day. Loved the chocolate chip cookies in the lobby was great sweet treat. Nice new appearance. Worth the value and much cheaper than casino hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I decided to stay the night in Charlestown when our concert started after 9:00 pm. When I found out that The Charlestown Inn was booked, I chose a room at the Hampton Inn. I was surprised to find that a suite was only $20 more than the king room rate. All the suites are at the ends of the hallway. I never heard anyone from another room or in the hallway.

Be sure to use your AAA-AARP-or other discounts listed for a better nightly rate.

The entire staff is very friendly--the maids, front desk, and breakfast staff. The buffet contains both hot and cold items. The waffles were my favorite.

A shuttle bus will take you from the hotel to the casino. Please note there are two shuttle bus routes. A sign posted outside the casino will list the bus numbers and the hotels where they will stop. Otherwise you will make a return trip to the casino and have to take another bus like we did.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Seems like a brand new hotel. Clean, modern, nice room. We are 3 adults sharing a room so we reserved a room with a queen sofa bed and a king. Very comfy with enough space so that we don't feel too crowded. Everyone from housekeeping to the front desk have been so friendly and helpful. Nice indoor pool and hot tub and workout room. Lobby Womens room even had sanitary supplies available in a basket---never seen that before--nice touch. Business center has two computer stations with plenty of paper and pens, white out, post it notes, pencil sharpener, rubber bands, printer, and paper shredder available. A hot and cold breakfast is served until 10 AM which is great for those who want to sleep in. Close to Applebees and iHop. Race track is across the street but it was quiet. Free wifi. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Bavarian Inn
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Home2 Suites by Hilton Charles Town
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town? Share your experiences!