“Fantastic Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Final Cut Steakhouse

Final Cut Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Final Cut Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US 340
Description: The Final Cut is a contemporary American steakhouse featuring hand selected USDA Mid-Western Prime Beef, corn-fed and naturally aged up to four weeks to ensure maximum flavor and texture. Each steak is hand cut to order, seasoned with kosher salt and tri color peppercorns, then broiled at 1600 degrees to create a thin charred crust that seals in the delicious natural beef juices.
charlottesville, va
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Food is expensive but very good. We have eaten there a few times and have always been happy with both the selection, the food and the service.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank j p

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had the scallaps and a steak. Dont know why there was a bad review ours was great. Will defenity go back

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Not much of an experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I don't mind paying above average prices for a dinner as long as it is accompanied by an experience. It was just like being at any other steak house. Our waiter wasn't friendly and acted as though we were interupting his evening. I ordered the scallopes...can't remember the exact name of the dish but it was to have a creamy potato, bacon, cheese and fried leek with it. I received three only average sized scallops with very little old diced potatoes that tasted nothing like I anticipated from the description. My husband ordered the ny strip med rare. The coloring was right but no juice or flavor. Just a ton of sea salt or kosher salt on the outside. Way too salty for even a salt freak like him. Like I said, I don't mind paying more for this "regular all american steak house food" as long as it comes with an experience. It did not.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tucson
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Charles Town, WV wasn't actually my first choice for a vacation destination, but we were visiting family. My wife had read some good reviews of the Final Cut and we decided to take my in laws to diner there.

The reception was warm and friendly. The facility looks new and has a nice upscale feeling without being pretentious. The food was excellent. I had the crab duo for an appetizer and it was great. It was large enough for two. Since I've limited my red meat consumption to the rare special occasion, I decided to have the bone in Rib-eye. It was perfectly done and just what I hoped for. My wife had the Chilean sea-bass and it was perfect. Both portions were enough for two people. Our young server was just fine. Perhaps a little inexperienced, but I would take that any day over some of the arrogant snobs I've run into at places like Mortons and the Ritz Carlton.

The only problem we had was we had planned on taking our 2 children along and because the restaurant is in the Casino, no one under 21 is allowed. That put us in a last minute bind to get a baby sitter.

One other thing, unlike some Casino restaurants I did not smell cigarette smoke. They must have an amazing ventilation system, because there is plenty of smoke in the casino.

Visited May 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Jewel in Rural America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Charles Town is a quite town with a Horse track and casino that draws many people from Washington Dc and Baltimore. Within the casino is the The Final Cut, a true upper class restaurant. Yes, it is expensive but comparable to a fine meal in downtown Washington. It is a steakhouse but they appear to be able to accommodate any taste. I had the Smithpoint oysters and they were wonderful. The cuts of meat are very good and the optional dressing for the steak means you can personalize. The sides are family style so be prepared to share. Each element of dinner was perfectly presented and executed. Service was extraordinary, Dress is casual to cocktail but everyone will feel comfortable. You pass throughout the casino to get to restaurant. If you use valet parking, have them stamp your ticket then parking is free, The Final Cut is a cut above Morton's or Ruth Chris.

• Visited May 2012