“not cheap, but very good”

Ginza Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 60 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: Japanese
beautiful Harpers Ferry WV
“not cheap, but very good”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

It's a Japanese place, so it's not gonna be cheap, you're paying for the entertainment value as well as the food. (And of course, "cheap" is relative. For this area, this is expensive food.)

But pretty much all the food we've gotten here has been at least good, some very good, some downright delicious. For example, I love the scallops and my wife loves the liver. Steak was also very good. Shrimp good too, so their scallops / steak / shrimp combo is excellent -- though $27. Various chicken dishes have been good too, our 8-yr-old prefers those. We liked our soup too, and the salad was decent.

And the typical chef show is of course fun, especially for kids who've never seen it before. Starts off with a big flash of fire, later is an onion volcano. Also some dexterous moves with forks and spatulas and the like. Only bad part of the show is that I've never seen one of them have good aim when shooting shrimp bits to the diners. I caught one once, but practically had to dive to the floor to get it.

Anyway, if you're not too concerned about price, this is a great place to eat.

The only bad experience we had here was one Mother's Day, they hustled us through extremely rudely. I understand they want to keep turning over the tables, but we barely had 20 minutes to eat! Anyway, they're usually not all that busy -- often quite desolate actually. Might be too pricey for this area, but I sure hope they stick around.