“Yummy” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

The food being prepared is an actual show and is a great place to go as a group. The food is pricey but worth it. I am looking forward to going again!

Visited July 2011

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Truly excellent sushi...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We ate at Ginza's after reading reviews & jonesing for sushi! We didn't have super high expectations...it is WV...but WOW! Our sushi was delicious! The rolls were inventive, attractive & DELICIOUS!!! We highly recommend this place! The service was also great

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“BEWARE OF NOT HONORING COUPON!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

First, I'd like to say that my husband and I have been here many times and have really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

However, I do not give Ginza 2 stars for the food or atmosphere. I am giving 2 stars for the service. A few weeks ago I took my husband to Ginza for lunch for his birthday. We had a coupon from the Val Pack that read "Save Your Receipts-From June through August after combined purchases of $120.00 or more, receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate". We had actually spent a little over $130.00 during the time frame. When I gave the server the coupon, I was rudely informed that the purchases must be made on "dinner" and my most recent receipt for the lunch did not qualify. I explained that it did not state this anywhere on the coupon and could she please check with the manager. The manager does not come to our table but I could see him telling the server to tell us that it does have to be dinner purchases and that Val Pack must have had a misprint. He continues to ignores our table and gets on the telephone. We were so upset that we left without trying to argue our point. On my way home I became angrier and angrier. I feel cheated out of our gift certificate. I still do not understand how spending $120.00 is different for lunch vs. dinner. In fact, you would have to make more trips to a restaurant if you are eating lunch vs. eating dinner.

Buyer beware, Ginza will not honor this coupon! The sad part is I got the most recent Val Pack in the mail last week and there is THE SAME COUPON in there this month. Seems to me that this "misprint" would have been corrected.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Niblick7
Charles Town, West Virginia
“A frequent visitor because it keeps getting better everytime.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We visit Ginza at least once every other week. We keep going back for three reasons: food, atmosphere, people. FOOD. The food is awesome. They've also recently expanded their menu so there is something for everyone. The seafood sauce/yum yum sauce (depending on what you want to call it) is the best I've ever eaten. ATMOSPHERE. There are two separate sections, one for hibachi style where they cook it in front of you and the other is normal restaurant setting. The normal setting area is cozy and can be very romantic because of the way the setting areas are set up. The lighting is low which is nice as well. The interior design is well done. There is a special setting area for large groups so if you want to have a private party you are separated from the other guest. There is also a bar area which is well stocked. PEOPLE. The food makes you want to go back. The people are what keeps you going back. The people there are just wonderful from the manager on down. We've been to several restaurants where the food was good but the service was so bad we never went back. This place isn't like that. The food and service are what I expect when I go out to eat. The serving staff is constantly looking for empty drink glasses and are always on the move. The prices are reasonable for any restaurant in the area and the portions are quite sufficient. Two people can leave stuffed for $35 or $50 (give or take) depending on what choices you pick for your dinner (rice with chicken, shrimp, steak, lobster, etc.). That includes your dinner with 2 complimentary shrimp, salad, soup, drink, and a nice orange arrangement when you are done. We'll keep going back and supporting our local restaurants, especially when they are this good :-)

• Visited July 2011
middleway wv
“It's the people that make this place great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

These places are all pretty much the same food wise. I have been here many times and can safely say it's the people that work here that make it great. I have not been to that place in Martinsburg since my first time at Ginza.