WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
West Virginia
“Delicious food, good quality, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is very good and hot every time, fast friendly service. The chips and salsa are very tasty. I recommend you try them out for yourself and see they are worth coming back to!

Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
“I will eat there again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I had an early dinner recently( around 5:30) . the service was fast and the food was better than I expected. We tried their two Specialties ( one had "grande" in the name ) and the other had a tamale. Way more food that two people should eat and although it could have been a little warmer, It was really good.

• Visited December 2012
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Fast, Delicious, Reasonably Priced, A Local Favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I would think it very hard not to like this restaurant and the title of the review pretty much tells you why, but I will add that their Guacamole is oh so good! My personal favorite is Enchiladas Verde's and my wife's is the Shrimp, Chicken, Beef Fahita that comes out sizzling and which I always beg for some too! If you like Mexican, I think you'll like Mi Degollado!

• Visited November 2012
Baltimore
“Carnitas saved this from a 2 star for this Mexican Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We decided to try some Mexican food while out in the Charlestown area. Trip Advisor show this as being mixed in terms of the food and service. It's rather sparse for dining and we decided to give it a shot. The margarita was pretty good and we liked the chips and salsa. I ordered the carnitas and my wife opted for a triple plate - chicken soft taco, chalupa, and a burrito. The carnitas were flavorful, but were served with flour tortillas. Wow - never had that experience before at a Mexican restaurant. They also didn't seem to be fried like the should, but at least they tasted okay.

Something was seriously wrong with the chicken dishes that night. Each of the 3 was extremely watery and bland. I couldn't believe how bad the dishes were when all they needed to do was add a little spice and perhaps not cook the chicken so much.

We won't be heading back here for Mexican - I would suggest Taco Bell or something else more authentic for a chicken taco (yes - that's closer to the original and much tastier). The carnitas were pretty good, but not worth trying something else on the menu when they missed so bad on the chicken.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia
“Good Mexican fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is definitely above your average Mexican joint. Do not be afriaid to stray away from the standard Tex-Mex fare. You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank jakp993