“peaceful location”

Motel 6 Charles Town
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed in northgate inn & suits since 2009 every after three month for my business in west Virginia & i have no problem. Wi-Fi is working,. It is quite area, now the room is clean.the rate of room is o.k.and it is affordable

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Charles Town

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The northgate hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.Blankets dirty,Bathroom unsanitary and very smelly. I wish I would have looked at the reviews before booking.Find another hotel to stay at this one should be out of business.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I dont know how other rooms are but ours was terrible. There was some kind of food remanins all over the walls by the mirror and sink and by the one bed. The box of tissues was empty. We booked for four adults and had two towels in the room. The sink faucet only gave out hot water. The room carpet was damp when we walked in and the fridge door was wide open and turned off. Usually when you make a reservation a few weeks early and they know your coming in, they kind of have the room ready. Definately not worth any money. I have stayed in many motels and hotels similar to this one, they where much cleaner at a lesser rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel needs to be out of business. This place is a dump, convenient for drunks and crack heads. Came in from out of town and stopped in to get a room. The one the attendant showed me was clean by standards but after I paid for the room for the night, upon inspection, I found baby cockroaches nesting in the pillow on one of the beds, the skin of another between the sheets of the other bed and the floor was horribly dirty to say the least. Needless to say I moved to a different hotel that night. When I came back the next morning to get my refund the manager told me he wasn't giving it me because I did not leave the key that night. There is nothing in the fine print that stated to leave the key. I called the cops. Gave the key back and called my bank to stop the transaction. Dirty Indians need to go back to India before coming to America and learn how business is supposed to be conducted. Avoid this place like the bubonic plague!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Krissysweets
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me make something clear. My 4 star rating does not mean this is a 4 star hotel. I'm simply rating a $57 room based on what you get for your dollar.

We tend to save money on the hotel when we travel, preferring to spend on other things and not the bed. So we know what a a $60 room is all about. In all honesty this was one of the better ones we've stay in. There are other low end motels near the casino but this one was $20 cheaper, perfect for a quick overnight. In addition instead of being right off the busy road our room faced the back and open fields. Pretty and much more quiet. Again not paradise but we are very happy we stay here rather than the alternatives. .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you're looking for a cheap white trash no frills but clean-ish motel, this is it. Front desk attendant was there to be warm body.

They did let us have a late check out because we were waiting for the rain to let up before we left to go tubing which was greatly appreciated, I know this delayed the housekeeping staff which costs them more money.

I'd go back. If you're looking for something other than a dirt cheap motel with no frills, go somewhere else and don't complain on here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Northgate Inn keeps on going south. I ended up here again. After being here three years ago the same shoddy places got even worse. I tried to book two places and there was nothing available and there was a car accident further up the road. The reason I didn't give this a horrible rating was because the cable worked barely. The tv was out of wack and there was huge line through it. The sheets were clean. I did not need a wake up call since the air conditioner grate fell off to wake me up in the morning. For a cheap hotel it was still kind of crappy and I think I enjoyed some of the camping I did this trip better. Keep on going up the road or go camping instead.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Motel 6 Charles Town? Share your experiences!