New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Charles Town

Motel 6 Charles Town
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Rochester, New York
“I dont think these people know what clean means.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I dont know how other rooms are but ours was terrible. There was some kind of food remanins all over the walls by the mirror and sink and by the one bed. The box of tissues was empty. We booked for four adults and had two towels in the room. The sink faucet only gave out hot water. The room carpet was damp when we walked in and the fridge door was wide open and turned off. Usually when you make a reservation a few weeks early and they know your coming in, they kind of have the room ready. Definately not worth any money. I have stayed in many motels and hotels similar to this one, they where much cleaner at a lesser rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel needs to be out of business. This place is a dump, convenient for drunks and crack heads. Came in from out of town and stopped in to get a room. The one the attendant showed me was clean by standards but after I paid for the room for the night, upon inspection, I found baby cockroaches nesting in the pillow on one of the beds, the skin of another between the sheets of the other bed and the floor was horribly dirty to say the least. Needless to say I moved to a different hotel that night. When I came back the next morning to get my refund the manager told me he wasn't giving it me because I did not leave the key that night. There is nothing in the fine print that stated to leave the key. I called the cops. Gave the key back and called my bank to stop the transaction. Dirty Indians need to go back to India before coming to America and learn how business is supposed to be conducted. Avoid this place like the bubonic plague!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Krissysweets

Travelers are raving about these Charles Town hotels

Mount Airy, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me make something clear. My 4 star rating does not mean this is a 4 star hotel. I'm simply rating a $57 room based on what you get for your dollar.

We tend to save money on the hotel when we travel, preferring to spend on other things and not the bed. So we know what a a $60 room is all about. In all honesty this was one of the better ones we've stay in. There are other low end motels near the casino but this one was $20 cheaper, perfect for a quick overnight. In addition instead of being right off the busy road our room faced the back and open fields. Pretty and much more quiet. Again not paradise but we are very happy we stay here rather than the alternatives. .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you're looking for a cheap white trash no frills but clean-ish motel, this is it. Front desk attendant was there to be warm body.

They did let us have a late check out because we were waiting for the rain to let up before we left to go tubing which was greatly appreciated, I know this delayed the housekeeping staff which costs them more money.

I'd go back. If you're looking for something other than a dirt cheap motel with no frills, go somewhere else and don't complain on here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Falls Church, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Northgate Inn keeps on going south. I ended up here again. After being here three years ago the same shoddy places got even worse. I tried to book two places and there was nothing available and there was a car accident further up the road. The reason I didn't give this a horrible rating was because the cable worked barely. The tv was out of wack and there was huge line through it. The sheets were clean. I did not need a wake up call since the air conditioner grate fell off to wake me up in the morning. For a cheap hotel it was still kind of crappy and I think I enjoyed some of the camping I did this trip better. Keep on going up the road or go camping instead.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gainesville, fl.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Easy to find and a huge discount from the EconoLodge in Harpers Ferry, it's worth the savings, and not a bad value, but as so often seems to be the case when a property is run by Patels, the attitude of the staff and the quality of the product are lacking. It is in a safe area, quiet, and comfortable, close to eating and shopping.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Southern Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a year ago and I could just barely handle it even though the owner was very helpful. So when my sister & I were heading to Charles Town this past weekend, I made a reservation to stay again as we were looking for value too. Well unfortunately as soon as we drove into the lot, we just knew we could not stay here. There were old mattresses sitting in the breezeway and the entire property just did not look so good. It had really gone downhill in that year. It's just an old, tired, tired building and there really isn't much more to say. We were lucky to find another great hotel for our stay. I will say that the rooms are pretty neat & clean but again it's just a tired, old building. Sorry Northgate Inn but we won't stay again. Oh wait, there is one positive note - Linda at the front desk was very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
4.0 of 5 stars 245 reviews
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry

Been to Motel 6 Charles Town? Share your experiences!