“Kind of better than camping” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Charles Town

Motel 6 Charles Town
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Falls Church, Virginia
“Kind of better than camping”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Northgate Inn keeps on going south. I ended up here again. After being here three years ago the same shoddy places got even worse. I tried to book two places and there was nothing available and there was a car accident further up the road. The reason I didn't give this a horrible rating was because the cable worked barely. The tv was out of wack and there was huge line through it. The sheets were clean. I did not need a wake up call since the air conditioner grate fell off to wake me up in the morning. For a cheap hotel it was still kind of crappy and I think I enjoyed some of the camping I did this trip better. Keep on going up the road or go camping instead.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
gainesville, fl.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Easy to find and a huge discount from the EconoLodge in Harpers Ferry, it's worth the savings, and not a bad value, but as so often seems to be the case when a property is run by Patels, the attitude of the staff and the quality of the product are lacking. It is in a safe area, quiet, and comfortable, close to eating and shopping.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Southern Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a year ago and I could just barely handle it even though the owner was very helpful. So when my sister & I were heading to Charles Town this past weekend, I made a reservation to stay again as we were looking for value too. Well unfortunately as soon as we drove into the lot, we just knew we could not stay here. There were old mattresses sitting in the breezeway and the entire property just did not look so good. It had really gone downhill in that year. It's just an old, tired, tired building and there really isn't much more to say. We were lucky to find another great hotel for our stay. I will say that the rooms are pretty neat & clean but again it's just a tired, old building. Sorry Northgate Inn but we won't stay again. Oh wait, there is one positive note - Linda at the front desk was very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BessieKM

Travelers are raving about these Charles Town hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I attend an event every Spring in the area and have stayed here before. It's a total budget motel and I know that. But, this last time was really bad (cigarette burn holes in the blanket, soap the size of Chiclets, walls still roughly patched with drywall compound from a year or two ago....and on and on...)

The clincher of my less that positive review is that someone I know was staying there too and had their car vandalized. The local law enforcement told him that he should avoid this place. OK, good enough advice for me.

Bottom line.....need a cheap room and willing to take a chance? Go for it. Me? I'll never go back.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else, please. I don't want to see anyone get hurt or their property defaced.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank dfgdave
Hagerstown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

The room was filthy and smelled terrible!!! The curtains where falling off of the curtain rod and when we tried to turn on the ceiling fan it almost fell out of the ceiling and hit my husband in the head. When we requested a refund for the room the the clerk informed us that he does not have to code to issue refunds and that we would have to call the owner on Monday. Everytime we try to get intouch with the owner a Mr. Patel he doesnt seem to be available. We r persuing refund via credit card complany. Will never ever ever think to stay in this hotel. Poor customer service and over all a giant DUMP!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank None L
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

The hotel is a BUDGET hotel, know that going in and you won't be dissapointed. The desk clerk was very nice, one of the best desk clerks I have come across in my travels.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Route 340.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank HFC
greensboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed at this Inn for one night. We went out for the evening. Once we came back to the room and turned down the bed cover there were what looked like some kind of clear/beige grease on the bottom sheet and also holes in the very used blanket. The front dest would not give us another room or clean sheets. The toilet also was not bolted to the floor. We layed on top of the bedspread but had a very uncomfortable restless night. The Manager was out the following day so we could not speak to him. Clerks were not helpful or courteous. The Manager would have been the one to be able to do anything for us so the morning clerk told us. Will never go there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
4.0 of 5 stars 248 reviews
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry

Been to Motel 6 Charles Town? Share your experiences!