“A cozy and romantic place to dine!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Redbook Restaurant

Redbook Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Charles Town
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: In a league all its own. Using the freshest seasonal and local ingredients, our talented culinary team create a fine dining pre fixe experience!
Boston, Massachusetts
“A cozy and romantic place to dine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Small and intimate, there is one small dining room that only fits about 10 people. There is one sitting with delicious food!!!

Visited May 2013
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am happy to hear that you find Hillbrook to be "cozy and romantic". We have done our best to create an atmosphere that is comfortable for guests to enjoy and spend time together. Thank you for taking the time to write about it!

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Gorgeous Estate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining here for Valentine's Day. What a beautiful place this is! It was like driving up to a fairytale. It is decorated like I would expect a European castle to be on the inside and we were seated near a beautiful roaring fire. My husband had the filet mignon and said it was the best he has ever eaten. He started planning when our next special occasion was so he could eat here again. This is a first. I, however, wish there was more for me to eat. I do not eat steak so I had an improvised meal which consisted of three small shrimp and two small scallops on a skewer with a handful of rice and veggies. I had been served cream of asparagus soup beforehand which was not very tasty so I was quite ready for a full meal. I consider my main entree to be an appetizer and mind you, I am not a big eater. Dessert was light and delicious though and the service was excellent. I really feel for all the servers carting our food and dishes up and down the stairs! I highly recommend staying or eating here at least once. I just hope when I return that there will be perhaps some bread for me to eat, a choice of soup or salad, and a decent sized main entree. I went home and ate some more and after the money we spent- that was just a little on the ridiculous side.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hillbrook, Manager at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I have shared it with our culinary team and hope you enjoy your next visit as much as you did your first. Your kind comments are deeply appreciated!

Middleburg, Virginia
“Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a delightful 5 course dinner with friends in this quaint 18th century hideaway. The setting is off the beaten path but only about 10 minutes from Charles Town Race Track. The service was outstanding and a hallmark for the inn. The cuisine was well balanced and though satisfying the appetite was less than a man would normally prefer. Portions are modest and certainly sufficient for a reserved lady. Coffee was served in demitasse hardly adequate for a typical man who enjoys a couple of cups (6 oz). Presentation was outstanding and delectable.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to write a review for the Hillbrook Inn! We have taken your review into consideration while planning the future of what needs to happen at the Inn. It is only by feedback that we grow and improve for our customers. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything, especially the setting at our European Style Inn.

Alexandria, VA
“Great Three Course Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Excellent food quality. Wonderful service. Just a lovely evening and setting. No rush to eat and clear a table. A beautiful fire blazing. It couldn't have been nicer.

Visited January 2013
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am happy to hear that we created a great ambiance at dinner. A roaring fire on a cold night with someone you care about is always a nice treat! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the delicious meal.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mm Mm Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The breakfast was three courses of amazingness. Coffee and juice were flowing, and the yogurt dish and eggs benedict were memorable!

Visited December 2012
I love breakfast too...so it was great to hear you enjoyed it as well! Thank you for visiting us!