New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

La Mezzaluna Cafe
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone: 304-728-0700
Union, NJ
“Veggie Accomodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great waitress, willing to accommodate our vegan requests, and delicious dinner (pasta with about a half dozen vegetables). Yummy!

Visited April 2013

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hubby and I moved to Charles Town recently and have been slowly trying out new restaurants. This one surprised me in that it was quite good. I really enjoyed the garden salad and those garlic knots dripping in butter are quite addictive! I had a spinach stromboli and my husband had chicken parmesean. His only complaint was the sauce for his chicken and the sauce used for the spaghetti were not the same. The spaghetti sauce (according to him) was not as good as the chicken parm and tasted like tomato paste. I got a slice of carrot cake to go which was delicious. They also advertise a ricotta cheesecake which sounds tempting. All in all, good service, good food, and in great company- give this place a try ; )

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“always great food, good service and often full of locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten here dozens of times and have never had a bad meal. It offers a full range of Italian foods, of which my favorite are the calimari and the tortellini. The waiters have all been there for years, the same family has owned and run it for at least 10 years, and the customers are mostly locals who know that they will get good value and a tasty meal. The only drawback is that there is often a line to sit down on Friday and Saturday nights, but it is well worth it.

• Visited March 2013
chesterfield, Virginia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

A friend in the area took us to lunch there on Wednesday, it was a good time and great food. Family astomphere which was very nice and the La Mezzaluna was quiet. The service was great and the butter knot rolls were hot and mmm good. The thing that I didn't see on the menu was pizza. Our dishes of pasta and sauces were hot and delcious.
Our family will be going back their again.

Visited April 2013
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Great place to celebrate with small parties”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We tend to go here for special occassions like birthdays, or just when we haven't all seen each other for awhile. The food is really good (ravioli in vodka sauce!!) and the garlic knots are to die for. The staff seem to have been there a long time, so they know what they're talking about and the atmosphere, if a little loud, is still very nice. Next time someone says let's go somewhere nice for dinner, I would suggest La Mezzaluna. I've been to Italy, so I'm a bit of an Italian food snob, and I like it.

Visited December 2012