“Great place to celebrate with small parties”
Review of La Mezzaluna Cafe

La Mezzaluna Cafe
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Phone: 304-728-0700
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We tend to go here for special occassions like birthdays, or just when we haven't all seen each other for awhile. The food is really good (ravioli in vodka sauce!!) and the garlic knots are to die for. The staff seem to have been there a long time, so they know what they're talking about and the atmosphere, if a little loud, is still very nice. Next time someone says let's go somewhere nice for dinner, I would suggest La Mezzaluna. I've been to Italy, so I'm a bit of an Italian food snob, and I like it.

There are newer reviews for La Mezzaluna Cafe

Reviewed March 25, 2013

La Mezzaluna is consistently good and never disappoints. The portions are huge and the price is right. Spaghetti with sausage is my favorite. And the garlic knots are their calling card. Addictive!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've eaten at La Mezzaluna Cafe several times and have always found the food and service to be excellent. This most recent visit with a large group of friends proved to be very good. I had a tuna dish which was very well prepared. Others in our group were equally satisfied with their meals. I don't eat pasta (which seems to accompany most of their entrees) yet was able to substitute veggies. There is a large self-serve salad which comes with the meal. Our waitress kept it filled and available. We arrived a bit early for dinner - just before 5 on a Friday and had lots of seating choices. When we left an hour or so later, the place was packed and bustling. It would be worth the wait to eat here!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Located in a strip mall, La Mezzaluna was a great find. We enjoyed the food a lot. Very busy on a Friday night but the wait wasn't too long. Worth the small wait. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a follow up to my last review of The Mezzaluna Cafe. The food is great and the dining room atmosphere is OK for a strip mall restaurant, that said the staff seem burned out, the place is really really getting filthy. The walls next to our booth were disgusting, the rest room is plain nasty, "Food Lions is cleaner and Ive used the Mezzaluna's right after they open for service so there is no excuse", to ice the cake they ran out of receipt paper and our server told us that its becoming common, that they feel like they have no manager running the place! This added 20 minutes to our wait time, after we had finished our dinner, while a server ran to Staples! I wish the owners would watch a few episodes of Kitchen Nightmares, it would not take more than $100 to refresh the restrooms, put in some new clean lights and mirrors, and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN, the tile walls and floors should not be that dirty, not in one of the area's best Italian restaurants.

3  Thank ilovewvmountains